The Techno Thread (1 Viewer)

went along to his cork gig stephens night. very disappointing, left early !zed

I'd heard his live gigs were great but was real disappointed with the set he did at Leechrum - very four four and nothing like his recorded stuff - might only have been Djing actually I'm not 100% on that - 2 years ago it was - I think

Still this is supposedly live and completely rocks out!

http://www.scandinavianyc.com/web/music/Landstrumm_VolumeLive3_08.mp3

(Not working for him or any ting I swear!)

I see the beeb are sort of "re-releasing" the best essential mixes so should be more to go wit the Dave Clarke one...

kp

HIGH TECH SOUL is the first documentary to tackle the deep roots of techno music alongside the cultural history of Detroit, its birthplace. From the race riots of 1967 to the underground party scene of the late 1980s, Detroit’s economic downturn didn’t stop the invention of a new kind of music that brought international attention to its producers and their hometown.
Featuring in-depth interviews with many of the world’s best exponents of the artform, High Tech Soul focuses on the creators of the genre — Juan Atkins, Derrick May, and Kevin Saunderson — and looks at the relationships and personal struggles behind the music. Artists like Richie Hawtin, Jeff Mills, Carl Craig, Eddie Fowlkes and a host of others explain why techno, with its abrasive tones and resonating basslines, could not have come from anywhere but Detroit…

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Deadly new album from Luke's Anger - all this stuff has been released on vinyl but this is the first time its available as a cd or download. I saw him at BLOC at about 5am and he was absolutely savage. It'd be great to see him over here.

anyone heard the new ben klock release on ostgut ton yet? only
going on the samples up on boomkat at the moment, but sounds like its
going to be a stand out of the year for me.

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=162184

downloaded it off that hypnotic breaks blog a while back. only gave it one listen, must give it another whirl. i'm not really big on the auld albums when it comes to techno. attention span of a fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back