The Techno Thread (2 Viewers)

jaysus wobbler, i was only messing...

Tumbleweed_rolling.jpg

some of my favourite techno - analog fingerprints, speed jack, blunted boy wonder, kosmic messenger, planetary assault systems, robert hood, thomas brinkmann, early neil landstrumm, mike ink, daniel bell, cristian vogel..
for me, i havent heard much in the last few years to stand up against anything from the above...all primarially mid-90s..

some of my favourite techno - analog fingerprints, speed jack, blunted boy wonder, kosmic messenger, planetary assault systems, robert hood, thomas brinkmann, early neil landstrumm, mike ink, daniel bell, cristian vogel..
for me, i havent heard much in the last few years to stand up against anything from the above...all primarially mid-90s..

Not sure if i'd agree with that - there's always a few amazing releases every year. Some of the best tracks of recent years have come from Chris McCormack, British Murder Boys, James Ruskin, Indigo Kennedy, Michael Forshaw, Luke's Anger, Regis, Mark Hawkins, loads of jackin Chicago stuff like Bam Bam, Sebastian Prelar etc and there's been tons of good wonky techno stuff on labels like Don't Recordings as well. I don't buy vinyl regularly these days so i'm sure that i'm missing loads of other great stuff.

Favourite techno track ever? "Number and Measure" - Jamie Bissmire (Chris McCormack remix). Ive been listening to it for about seven years and i still get goose bumps everytime!

Not sure if i'd agree with that - there's always a few amazing releases every year. Some of the best tracks of recent years have come from Chris McCormack, British Murder Boys, James Ruskin, Indigo Kennedy, Michael Forshaw, Luke's Anger, Regis, Mark Hawkins, loads of jackin Chicago stuff like Bam Bam, Sebastian Prelar etc and there's been tons of good wonky techno stuff on labels like Don't Recordings as well. I don't buy vinyl regularly these days so i'm sure that i'm missing loads of other great stuff.

Favourite techno track ever? "Number and Measure" - Jamie Bissmire (Chris McCormack remix). Ive been listening to it for about seven years and i still get goose bumps everytime!

yea, i didnt mean that theres nothing good being released but they dont surpass that period for me. i guess its as much to do with the same ground being retread endlessly and the new strands (minimal,etc..) doing nothing for me.

I'm quite conservative with my taste, haven't really moved much beyond Detroit. Carl Craig is definitely my favourite, but I'm into all the obvious choices, Mills, May, Atkins, Saunderson, UR, Hood, Octave One, Kenny Larkin. Could do with broadening my horizons a little. Not into too much stuff from this millenium.

yea, i didnt mean that theres nothing good being released but they dont surpass that period for me. i guess its as much to do with the same ground being retread endlessly and the new strands (minimal,etc..) doing nothing for me.
I'd agree with you about minimal anyway and a lot of the stuff that i used to be mad about (Rush, Liebing, Advent etc) i find very boring these days. Most of the best new techno is incorporating other styles of electronic music like electro, old school etc - some of the wonky stuff really is brilliant but you don't get to hear too much of it out in Dublin.

Dungeon Master by Cristain Vogel is one of my all time favs. Also love the Landstrumm / Youngman stuff. There's a Mark Hawkins mix here http://www.talktofilth.com/filth-radio-001-mark-hawkins-dj-set/
Wobbler, have you checked out any DJ Bone mixes? Might be your cup of tea if you like the Detroit sounding stuff. I know there's a few to stream off play.fm.
The DJ mix seems to be the main format for in Techno. So rare to come across a good ablum-ablum in dance music generally.

I'd agree with you about minimal anyway and a lot of the stuff that i used to be mad about (Rush, Liebing, Advent etc) i find very boring these days. Most of the best new techno is incorporating other styles of electronic music like electro, old school etc - some of the wonky stuff really is brilliant but you don't get to hear too much of it out in Dublin.

on the wonk side - vogel & landstrumm were the pioneers of that in the same timeperiod. electronic music could do with another drum n'bass type kick in the arse at this stage.... something with raw energy and inventiveness.

on the wonk side - vogel & landstrumm were the pioneers of that in the same timeperiod. electronic music could do with another drum n'bass type kick in the arse at this stage.... something with raw energy and inventiveness.

The last time I felt that way about a techno track was Tubejerk - Eight.
Oh and maybe The Aphorism - Sickness.

Not enough nasty distorted basslines in techno anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back