The Tallest Man on Earth (1 Viewer)

New album The Wild Hunt getting rave reviews...

ha!

Kristian Matsson is both a romantic and a realist…he uses the barest of pop-folk settings to give mundane moments… a grandeur so disproportional that it’s difficult not to identify and sympathize with him – Pitchfork, 8.5 Best New Music (The Wild Hunt)
no one likes pitchfork

"Near impeccable..." - The Guardian
the full quote is

"Innovative? Absolutely not. But as 35 minutes of 50-quid-bloke folky guitar music goes, it's near impeccable."

"The clean, galloping banjos and guitars spotlight his pristine snarl, which slips down into powerful bass notes and then reaches up and yelps on key, accentuating his ambitious, second-language lyrics." - Paste Magazine
who are paste magazine?

"The Wild Hunt is a heady and enthralling work, its impressionistic nature bolstered by levels of charm and confidence found all too rarely in these modern times." - BBC Music His songs are jammed with enough surprises to make him seem like a singular new talent – SPIN, ****
i'll give you them

anyway my point is this is thumped, don't be trying to spin stuff for god's sake

7:30 - leave house
8:15 - turn up, get a drink
8:30 - support: Jogging or whoever
9:15 - have another drink
9:30 - who's that small guy on stage? bit drunk
9:53 - TTTTTTTTTHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE........................King of Spain
10:15 - that was a bit short, get drink
10:45 - go home
11:35 - Log into thumped.com\bbs
11:36 - 'I preferred him last time'

something like that

Well, if he doesn't go on until half nine then I'll be pleased, John. I'll be across town eating tasty things prior and don't want to miss the first few like I did with Ted Leo.

take it this is sold out now and there will definitely be no tickets available on the door?

didnt notice anything annoying audiencewise, altho I was upstairs for the gig.

Thought the show was excellent. Did anyone recognise the cover he did towards the end? I recognised the tune but can't recall the name

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back