the pope is dead... (1 Viewer)

ms.b.haven said:
he is dead, i rang my mam and she told me. god that's sad :(

oh no he isn't

well not yet anyway

cnn just apologised for saying he was dead, and followed it with a "... but his condition is worsening!"

Apparently Christ has "opened the gates for the holy father". I hope he doesn't let the dog out.

according to the bbc, he "clings to life"

i mistyped that as "cloings to life".. cloing should be a word.

Jaysus - yiz are right.

I'd say "fuckin's sky news" but like what's the point.

Certainly shows up certain networks' habit of snapping up the feed as it comes in without verifying it. BBC presumably received the same reports as Sky and CNN but held off - not as hungry to be the first with breaking news - incorrect but breaking.

breaking me fuckin heart is wha.

i was looking at the newspapers in the centra in harolds cross last week and the pope was on the front of one of them. this guy came up and pointed at a machine gun that some chick on the front of a magazine was holding and he told me "we need one of these or else the motherfucker will never die".

so dont worry everyone.

ha i just got docked rep i think by miss piggy (someone with a minus rep power of 1 anyway). Eh If you take a moment to read the quotation marks, you will see that i was not, in fact, calling YOU anything. I actually repped you for the post you put up. Jeez :)

chutneyfarmer said:
Man, you really are a complete fuckin cock!!!!!!!

its 5.46am on Saturday 2nd April and apparently the pope is not yet dead...just prooving my earlier allusion to the farce surrounding his demise...it is not sad...people are dying every day that never get a mention...how exactly is the pope more special than the man on the street? Answer: his position as head of the catholic church makes him NEWSWORTHY! Alledgedly we are all equal in the eyes of God...let me get metaphysical for those with the intelligence to follow a logical argument:

1: The pope is the leader of the Roman Catholic church and therefore known to millions worldwide
2: His public status brings him into our living rooms almost on a daily basis thus creating a media-based intimacy
3: The vast majority of people you meet will speak well of of the pope for fear of retribution or rebuke...thus preventing you (peer pressure) from expressing a different opinion in your efforts to be acceptable to the society and social circles you have been born and raised into - despite the fact that you may feel indifference or be completely opposed to the papacy and all it stands for

then:

4: The pope dies
5: Mass mourning commences...fuelling chain reaction emotions...look at the 5 year old children in Krakow crying...why are 5 year old children crying about the death of a man they never knew?
6: Mass mourning self-perpetuates itself via the TV screen and newspaper headlines
7: The following prediction will prove the hypothesis: as quickly as the mourning begins it will stop - why? The media will have found something more newsworthy to publish

somebody say it's very sad again!

the late late did a 2-hour 'pope special' last night apparently!!

gutted i missed it

vaya con dios to the oul tarmac kisser . . . feel a bit sorry for the poor cunts still praying that he might pull through and 'recover'!! leave him off will ya?!??

AlphaRelish said:
.........blah blah...........
that same fella now works for mcd. along with another fella who posts stuff about gigs here all the time..........blah.......blah......

Hey Fella - do us a favour.....stop brain washing the kids and put on some decent bands at a reasonable price.
Thanks,
Rimbaud Records.

czar said:
the late late did a 2-hour 'pope special' last night apparently!!

gutted i missed it

vaya con dios to the oul tarmac kisser . . . feel a bit sorry for the poor cunts still praying that he might pull through and 'recover'!! leave him off will ya?!??
It was about an hour of pope stuff actually. They had Dana on and some churchy people telling pope related stories. I only watched it as RTE had a bloody Eddie Murphy film on instead of the virgin suicides.

I doubt anyone is praying he will recover, they are praying he has a peaceful death.

markwhite said:
...it is not sad...people are dying every day that never get a mention...how exactly is the pope more special than the man on the street? Answer: his position as head of the catholic church makes him NEWSWORTHY!

It is sad when anyone is dying.

Despite the fact that I really disagree with loads of stuff the pope has said etc etc I did feel really sorry for him when he was trying to speak his window the other day and failed.

I think some of the reasons people are moved by this is due to the fact that he seems to have accepted his upcoming death by refusing to go back to hospital and old people dying doesn't usually get much news coverage at all. If you were dying in a hospice somewhere the popes calm acceptance of his death might give you some comfort. And then the fact that he has been slowly getting more and more unwell over the years in front of the world.

markwhite said:
Mass mourning commences...fuelling chain reaction emotions...look at the 5 year old children in Krakow crying...why are 5 year old children crying about the death of a man they never knew?
6: Mass mourning self-perpetuates itself via the TV screen and newspaper headlines

It is reminding me of Diana all over again.

In Poland the pope is thought of very highly for his support of the solidarity movement (can't fault him for that) which may explain the mass hysteria in Krakow.

On a purely simplistic level

- I have a number of relatives (parents generation and older) who share similar beliefs with the Pope in respect of contraception, women priests, homosexuality etc.

I don't hate them for it nor will I be glad when they die.

Like spiritual tramp I feel sorry for the Pope. I disagree with him on almost everything he preaches but at the end of the day he has a right to those beliefs. He always stood up for what he believed in.

I feel sorry that until a couple of days ago, the Pope was still trying to carry out his duties. He has been a very ill, frail man for a long time and watching him mumbling at his window over Easter was like watching a scene from Weekend at Bernie's. When I'm on the brink of death, I won't be doing nothin for no-one; I'll be trying to fade out with peace and dignity. I'm sure it was his own will to carry on throughout his sickness, but I'll be glad that a terribly old man will get relief from his misery more than I will be 'sad that the Pope is dead.'

Safe home to him.

chutneyfarmer said:
ha i just got docked rep i think by miss piggy (someone with a minus rep power of 1 anyway). Eh If you take a moment to read the quotation marks, you will see that i was not, in fact, calling YOU anything. I actually repped you for the post you put up. Jeez :)

:confused: i didnt dock no wan

Jeepers creepers non believers.... he's Jeebus' rep on earth. That's pretty important to all the roaming-cafflicks so it's tremendously sad for them I'm sure. But they'll get another one very soon (my wife is dead. is ok, I have another). I suppose they should be kind of happy, given that he is now apparently with Jeebus in Heaven. Praise Allah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back