The Office (US) appreciation thread. (1 Viewer)

i thought the season finale was piss poor. they've no idea what to do with Jim & Pam so we get a 'when will he propose???' storyline which is about as engaging as watching a lamb lapping another lambs genitals.

They've completely destroyed Jan as well. Look back at Season 2 and how good she was, it's shite how lazy the writers have gotten with her.

Interesting new character though, even though i will miss Toby. The Kevin-as-a-retard thing was amazing too.

I know you're not supposed to say this, but I prefer it to the original.

i agree, and i thought the original was brilliant. i have to say i find the characters in the u.s. version much more interesting, complex and likeable.

series' 2 and 3 are absolute masterpieces. episodes like "safety training" and "the initiation" are absolutely perfect.

i'm not so sure about series 4. i'll have to give it a few more viewings, but it's pretty patchy. "dunder mifflin infinity" and "launch party" were great. the finale was ok i thought, but unfortunately closer to soap-opera than comedy. a bit disappointing that the elements involving toby - michael's divorce issues and his interest in pam - just fizzled out, i expected them to build up to something a bit more substantial. one major problem with series 4 was the fact that far too many episodes revolved around situations outside the office, which makes me concerned that it may well be running out of steam fast.

Im actually rather glad they left the Toby/Pam thing on a nice note. I really couldn't handle another hand on the knee. Possibly the most difficult/awkward moment in television history.

i agree, and i thought the original was brilliant. i have to say i find the characters in the u.s. version much more interesting, complex and likeable.

dude, there's almost twice as many episodes in one season of the US than all the UK ones put together. I hate people comparing these shows as they're entirely different entities

I was a wee bit dissappointed with the finale but not with the level of vitriol I've read on t'internet. I loved the little tag at the end of angela and dwight but I could have done without the Andy proposal.If anyone was gonna propose it should have been Darryl to Kelly..that would have rocked my socks off. I didn't care for how they showed like two seconds of Ryan's downfall..

I really liked Amy Ryan in this episode too and almost cried when Michael seemed to go back to Jan in the end. Them doing Yoda impressions and her dislike of Toby made me love them both even more.

I really liked Amy Ryan in this episode too and almost cried when Michael seemed to go back to Jan in the end. Them doing Yoda impressions and her dislike of Toby made me love them both even more.

Yes!! I can see why they made Michael go back to Jan though...they have to drag it out a bit, they are going to be the new Jim and Pam. It killed me inside that they screwed up Jim's proposal to Pam...they are going to end up breaking them up and when that happens I will cry :(

The Kevin as a special needs worker storyline was genius, pure genius. I agree that the Ryan story was far too rushed...perhaps they will expand in the future? Overall I thought this series was pretty great, there were some absolute gems...the only think I am unhappy with is that they seem to be going out of their way to destroy Jim...I LOVE Jim, leave him alone!!

I KNOW!!!There were far too many similarities drawn between Michael and Jim this season.. Although I did love the 'Conference Room, 5 minutes' thing in the one where he was trying to have one big birthday birthday..I also really liked when he had to see Karen again..

Another favourite from this season is the episode where Jim, Michael and Dwight go to Utica. Michael asking Jim to host the Dundies if something happens him."We will burn Utica to the ground" The moustaches...I think I'll like this season so much more when I re-watch it.

Speaking of which Season 4 is out on dvd in America on 2nd September.

I just watched the new season premiere...It was everything I was hoping it would be...And please can John Krasinski be mine now please..k thnx..

"Take a chance on me" three part harmony over speakerphone.
Dunno what season, dunno what episode... On last night.
Pure genius

Andy Bernard is a-maz-ing...And although I think last season was a bit weak, the first episode of season 5 makes me think this is gonna be a return to form..

I think Oscar is my favourite non-main character..Plus they should keep Amy Ryan in it forever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back