the most depressing movie. (2 Viewers)

mental that someone found gummo depressing.
worked more like a psych film or something like me...
get monged,watch fucked up shit and people wrestling chairs to a soundtrack of burzum,sleep, and spazz?good times!

the world war 2 in colour stuff is pretty fucking intense, especially when they have a digger dumping bodies in a massive grave at a concentration camp, its made so much more eerie when you can see the blue sky in the background and by all the foliage and shit it looks like its a beautiful summer morning, then you see all the bodies getting buried, its pretty intense.:mad:

I saw this movie weeks ago and I have no idea what it was called.Really old.Like really fucking old.No sound only some French accordian or something playing over it.Anyway it was on RTE when I woke up and the TV was still on.This was about 4AM and it was just this massive wind for about twenty mins then a face came out of the storm.It destroyed all of society so the survivors left and got on a boat to this new place.When they got on the beach for no reason at all this man went crazy and tried to rape someone.He was dragged off her by two other guys but before they carried him off he kicked a dog who was barking at him.And it sent it over the fucking hills.Literarly.Over the hills.Then they created a plaque saying that on this beach they would rebuild society.And this new city would be called Rome.Then it ended.I told a friend about it and he said he saw it too and apparently it was the first movie ever made.It was some really trippy stuff.You have to actually keep wandering if it's actually happening.Anyway has ANYONE at all seen this movie?

It rings a bell. I'll ask a few of the movie nerds about it and try to get back to you. And it's not the first movie ever made, I think Roundhay Garden Scene (1888) is the first.

Awe weeks.Like well before the summer.And you're right it's not.I'd say it's one of the first sort of structured movies ever made.Anyway if you ever see it you'll know what I'm on about.It's fucked up haha.

mental that someone found gummo depressing.
worked more like a psych film or something like me...
get monged,watch fucked up shit and people wrestling chairs to a soundtrack of burzum,sleep, and spazz?good times!

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Rotten Tropics again for being a mental.

I just watched Red Road & Ken Park in the company of a decidedly cheeky little bouquet. Red Road: fuckin deadly - possibly the best sex scene of any movie ever. Ken Park - what a load of silly bollocks. Larry Clarke is such a teen-cock molester.

Awe weeks.Like well before the summer.And you're right it's not.I'd say it's one of the first sort of structured movies ever made.Anyway if you ever see it you'll know what I'm on about.It's fucked up haha.

What are you on about? That film is SO just a sex dream you had. The dog part represents wishing you had a bigger dick.

Kes
Old Joy
Midnight Cowboy
Cannibal Holocaust
Riff-Raff
You're Gonna Miss Me (the Roky Erickson story, couldnt listen to Roky for weeks after watching it!)

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Rotten Tropics again for being a mental.

I just watched Red Road & Ken Park in the company of a decidedly cheeky little bouquet. Red Road: fuckin deadly - possibly the best sex scene of any movie ever. Ken Park - what a load of silly bollocks. Larry Clarke is such a teen-cock molester.
i meant 'something for me'.
i hope i'm not actually like a character from gummo.

I watched Palindromes and Taxi To The Darkside yesterday.

Taxi is about prisoners at Bagram, Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay. It is grim.

The single most irredeemably depressing movie I've ever seen was the original Elephant by Alan Clarke. Lots of long, grimy shots of murderers murdering. That's all that's in the film. Over and over 'til you don't give a fuck anymore.

His son drove Totally Stoked on their U.S. Tour -true story. He sounded like a pillock.

he stayed in the fairview gaff for awhile and makes great nachos. true story

I watched Palindromes and Taxi To The Darkside yesterday.

Taxi is about prisoners at Bagram, Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay. It is grim.

The single most irredeemably depressing movie I've ever seen was the original Elephant by Alan Clarke. Lots of long, grimy shots of murderers murdering. That's all that's in the film. Over and over 'til you don't give a fuck anymore.
never seen it. never even heard of it. must get my hands on it. alan clarke is great.

I love most of todd solondz's movies, especially welcome to the dollhouse, but palindromes was such an utterly shit movie. terrible. I really really hated it.

Yeah it's not his best. I think my favourite would be Happiness but Welcome To The Dollhouse is great too.

I didn't mention that Elephant is set in Norn Iron.

NAKED%20BEL.JPG

Anyone ever see this film? Fucking hell it's bleak. The first five/ten mins alone is rough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back