the most depressing movie. (2 Viewers)

Lots of good choices here, but this must be it for me:.

jeux_fdi_dolls.jpeg

Aw man, just remembered this one, Sweet Sixteen. Good old Ken Loach.

B0000C2IQP.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Fuckin grim as shit. Got it out from Laser a few years back, hungover to fuck on a Sunday, one of those "hey, I don't have a hangover even though I drank EVERYTHING yesterday!" ones that comes on slow and mean all day. I think me and Karen went there and saw it, "hey, a movie about scumbags, class!!", got it out, went back, got stoned and watched it with about 12 people. Everyone either left or went to bed without a word afterwards, except I think I remember someone going "Fuckin hell..." or maybe "Jaaaysus..." during the closing credits.

Anyone know was the chunfla from it in anything else?

Aw man, just remembered this one, Sweet Sixteen. Fuckin grim as shit. Got it out from Laser a few years back, hungover to fuck on a Sunday, one of those "hey, I don't have a hangover even though I drank EVERYTHING yesterday!" ones that comes on slow and mean all day. I think me and Karen went there and saw it, "hey, a movie about scumbags, class!!", got it out, went back, got stoned and watched it with about 12 people. Everyone either left or went to bed without a word afterwards, except I think I remember someone going "Fuckin hell..." or maybe "Jaaaysus..." during the closing credits.

That the Ken Loach one where he
kills his friend? Or at least you think he does?

Who's this by?
'Beat' Takeshi Kitano - it's just amazingly tapped into all these things like regret, memory and shit, starts looking like a tad boring art movie but just hits the nerves repeatedly in pretty subtle ways. Only seen it once, don't really feel like watching it again...it's depressing by being just very very very sad

Yeah that's the one. Must go look for Dolls now. I have a huge love for Kitano ever since Battle Royale. Oh totally depressing movie (esp the last scene with Caspar) is this:

B000056IEI.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The annoying Telly became the guy Bubs killed with the bad dope in The Wire! Never knew that until now.

Ah, Kids was over-rated. Heard too much bullshit about it before I saw it and it was lizzz-ame. Did you see Bully, the one he did a while after? Pure shite. Larry Clark's an over-rated yankee goat fucker.

gummo.jpg

this one is really fucked up and sad!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah...watched Gummo the first time really drunk as the second part of a double-bill and found it totally wretched...then tried to watch it again really hungover in Bradford and turned it off after the Dragonaut bit cos it was too much...then watched it a few months ago and found it kind of funny...I think I've become massively desensitized to horribleness...

Yeah that's the one. Must go look for Dolls now. I have a huge love for Kitano ever since Battle Royale. Oh totally depressing movie (esp the last scene with Caspar) is this:

B000056IEI.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The annoying Telly became the guy Bubs killed with the bad dope in The Wire! Never knew that until now.

I copped that straight away.
I found that film very sad though too. I didnt know anything about it when I went in though. It caught me a bit by surpirse.

The missus knew a load of the people in the Kids film. She went to NASA and The Limelight and got wrecked and did loads of drugs with them all, a couple of her mates were cast in it. That's how they made it apparently, they just went around a couple of clubs in NYC. She was sort of half mates with that Chloe Svegini (??) chick before she was famous.

The funniest thing is that a lot of the kids in that film are still friends. I was out a while back at this guy's birthday party, and I looked over and there was one table with about 6 of them sitting there. For a minute I thought they were people I knew from Ireland, but then I realised that I only knew one black person in Ireland, so it probably wasn't them.
I think a few of them got strung out and ended up being in a bad way.

Ah, Kids was over-rated. Heard too much bullshit about it before I saw it and it was lizzz-ame. Did you see Bully, the one he did a while after? Pure shite. Larry Clark's an over-rated yankee goat fucker.

Absolute shite. Wassup Rockers is a bitta fun though just plain creepy mostly. I know Clark is gay but does he really have to put shirtless sweaty teenages boys in every single film he does? Really like?

Oh yeah, anyone see Paranoid Park? (was reminded of it by thinking of Ken Park)

Another over-rated bucket of turds.

Woah. I thought that was amazing. This & Elephant are two great films. You just didn't get it maaaannnn

Irreversible was pretty fucking depressing I thought.

Here, apparently your man that does the rape is actually Monica Bellucci's husband.

Jaysus.
Anyway. Yeah.
I might see this when the missus is away. She doesn't like such fare.
I have to correct you there flashback; she's actually married to vincent cassel, who of course is her boyfriend in irreversible.

what a movie. I had myself worked into a tizzy wondering what gaspar noé's next feature will be like recently. all I know is that it's called enter the void and it's set in japan. I hope it'll be good. I really hope it's not going to be shit. it'll be good though. won't it?

naked: I've seen it so many times at this stage. I love it, one of my all time favourites. it's actually much more funny than depressing.

to my mind the bleakest film ever has to be come and see.

idi-i-smotri-klimov-400.jpg

what a movie. I had myself worked into a tizzy wondering what gaspar noé's next feature will be like recently. all I know is that it's called enter the void and it's set in japan. I hope it'll be good. I really hope it's not going to be shit. it'll be good though. won't it?

YES! once again you steal my thoughts.
I have become completely obsessed with what his next movie will be like.
And while we're on the subject, I want to put Seul contre tous forward as most depressing film ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back