Dozens Of Men Queue To Shake Convicted Rapist's Hand. (2 Viewers)

Kerry's certainly got previous with this sort of extroardinary behaviour, but it strikes me as a bit smug and self serving to go on about insularity and boggers with this situation; Listowel town's got a population of around four and a half thousand, up to 22,000 or so if you take the environs into account, so the charming defenders of that most respectable of men are very much in the minority and the Kerry RCC has been inundated with calls from people dissassociating themselves from the incident.

You could in theory see a similar situation taking place in any suburb in Dublin if the lad in the case was popular enough and there was alcohol and short skirts involved. This is about prevailing attitudes to women and rape as much as it is about a bunch of small town gombeens, if you ask me. Which nobody did.

That priest is out by the way..

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1218/listowel.html

Good call re Dublin. If you think small, rural towns aren't insular places where a minority of people don't have some pretty awful attitudes to crime and women, then you're not from one. I've heard people stick up for the character of a guy who murdered his girlfriend. You just don't tend to get that in urban centres as people don't all know each other/be related to each other.

Some gobsh*te friends of the convicted sex offender started a 'support' group for him on Facebook. It was filled with hate and libellous material about the victim. It didn't last long thankfully.

The interview on the radio with his fiancee was staggering. The woman thinks that cuts and bruises (including two bruised wrists) are normal injuries from consensual sexual activity. She also doesn't seem to think it odd that the guy only changed his story when confronted with CCTV evidence. Unbelievably naive.

Good call re Dublin. If you think small, rural towns aren't insular places where a minority of people don't have some pretty awful attitudes to crime and women, then you're not from one. I've heard people stick up for the character of a guy who murdered his girlfriend. You just don't tend to get that in urban centres as people don't all know each other/be related to each other.

I'm not from a small town, but I have passed through many to hold my nose, pat people on their flatcapped heads and coo over their smallholdings so, you know, I think I know what I'm talking about.

Seriously though, I do get it and there'd be certain towns I could happily avoid for the rest of my life so horrible were the populace.

And Kerry is pretty easy to rip the piss out of.

I do hope somebody hits up a healy rae for an opinion before this all blows over, though I suspect they be too wiley to get involved at this late stage. "Now now".

The answer to this here problem is to put sex-offenders in with the general prison population. That would be a right proper deterrent to anyone thinking of offending anymore.

i always find it a bit entertaining to hear about people in jail for things like murder, assault, stabbing, glassing, slicing people, beating up old people etc getting all high and mighty about sex offenders. what should happen is that nobody who goes to jail should get out without receiving a good trouncing from the other inmates. they should all be forced to beat each other.

Some gobsh*te friends of the convicted sex offender started a 'support' group for him on Facebook. It was filled with hate and libellous material about the victim. It didn't last long thankfully.

The interview on the radio with his fiancee was staggering. The woman thinks that cuts and bruises (including two bruised wrists) are normal injuries from consensual sexual activity. She also doesn't seem to think it odd that the guy only changed his story when confronted with CCTV evidence. Unbelievably naive.
Yeah, it was shocking! She was of the opinion that the cuts etc. were because "He's a big guy". She deserves him to be honest, I just think they should be neutered.

I'm not from a small town, but I have passed through many to hold my nose, pat people on their flatcapped heads and coo over their smallholdings so, you know, I think I know what I'm talking about.

Seriously though, I do get it and there'd be certain towns I could happily avoid for the rest of my life so horrible were the populace.

And Kerry is pretty easy to rip the piss out of.

I do hope somebody hits up a healy rae for an opinion before this all blows over, though I suspect they be too wiley to get involved at this late stage. "Now now".

I'm from "small town Ireland" and I actaully don't have one good word to say about it.

Leave it out about the "small holders" though. You do NOT know what you're talking about there and frankly I find that whole "hold my nose, pat their cap" shit insulting.

Who -1 that?

Im not going to tolerate a holier than thou attitude by a load of "city" folk. Whats going on here is utter "bogger bashing" you'd sware that all men from the country did was go around raping women. Some people are small minded and dumb in rural Ireland, you have this in the city to. Its in the whole Irish mind frame that needs questioning here.

I'm from Dublin, now live in the sticks. Different kettle of misery all together. Some properly strange shit goes down out here and it's all to do with the closeness of the communities. In my 30 or so years of living in Dublin, I never knew anything like a "close-knit community". Out here you've got grudges that go back generations, political allegiances that were formed in the civil war and shit that just will not go away, ever, 'cause the people are still living next to the grandson/grand-neice/whatever of someone that hung/blew-up/ratted on their grandfather/great-grandfather, etc. That's different from Dublin.
I'm not disagreeing with you about the whole country needing a look at, but I am saying there's a difference, and pointing it out is not necessarily bogger-bashing.
Not that I'm against bogger-bashing either, mind.

I'm from "small town Ireland" and I actaully don't have one good word to say about it.

Leave it out about the "small holders" though. You do NOT know what you're talking about there and frankly I find that whole "hold my nose, pat their cap" shit insulting.

It was clearly a joke, you ignorant bog monster.

That was a joke too.

584426.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back