The ignorance of some people! (1 Viewer)

Yeah.....I'm still shocked. Raging ethnic hatred? What? huh? what are you talking about? RAGING like! you got the wrong end of the stick.

Raging

raging. unbelievable.

Alright, I guess its only fair I have a shot at defending my good name. Here it goes:

I don't hate any group of people. why would I? I've had little experience with travellers. What experience I have had has usually been some kid trying to start a fight or rob me, which pissed me off, or seeing them in Ballinasloe dump when I was on the bin lorry, rummaging through the piles of rubbish, which saddened me. It looked like something you'd see in the 3rd world.

But, do I hate them? No. why would I? I haven't met every single one of them have I? Statisticly, there should be some sound ones. If I ever meet them, I won't care what there ethnic background is.

People do say prejudicial things on Thumped, don't they? There's also a lot of liberal left wing stuff too, isn't there? I would reckon (and this is only me supposing, but its likely) that if you asked anyone who posts here they would think themselves to be open minded and liberal young people. But that's not entirly true, is it? This thread shows that. And I'm no different. I'm only human, and I can only base my opinions on what I've learned and see and hear. If I ever come across as bigotted or whatever, so be it. I don't WANT to be that way, and I'll work to not be that way, but sure, sometimes it happens. I'm just like everybody else, aren't I?

More importantly, I've better things to do than to go around filled with raging hatred. What's the use in that? Why should I feel like that, and why would I want to feel like that? What justification would I have for that? How would that benefit me?

I don't know if this post made sense to anybody. And I don't really care. But the thrust of my point is this:
I am not filled with raging ethnic hatred.
end of story

seanc, i'm actually doing research for a paper called "the soundness of disadvantaged and margainalised communities in ireland" at the moment. would you be interested in contributing?

GORILLAMUNCH said:
seanc, i'm actually doing research for a paper called "the soundness of disadvantaged and margainalised communities in ireland" at the moment. would you be interested in contributing?

Well, if their sound then sure. Are you sound? Is it ok if I'm not sound? Sound.

seanc said:
If I ever come across as bigotted or whatever, so be it. I don't WANT to be that way, and I'll work to not be that way,
You might start by avoiding sentences like this:

seanc said:
Statisticly, there should be some sound ones.

seanc said:
More importantly, I've better things to do than to go around filled with raging hatred.
Why should I feel like that, and why would I want to feel like that? What justification would I have for that?

The Ballinasloe thing. We understand.

Words belie stated intentions*. Much as we wanna avoid prejudice....

*For example, my stated intention there was to show you the error of your use of words. However, what I was actually thinking was 'I am so smart. Look at me being smart'. The ignorance/hypocrasy of me!

stigma folks. thats the global problem. travellers, the mentally ill, all marginalised groups. lets stop fighting and get out there and educate ourselves.

right on.

i used to want to be a traveller when i was little. cos they had those deadly wagons and horses.

anyway, roisin, to go back to your first comment - does the fact that the people who parked in the disabled spot turned out to be travellers bother you more than the actual parking in the disabled space?
like, if it had been some rich investment wanker would it have bothered you less?? just wonderin'.

jaysus, i buzz down to the sticks for one weekend and the next anti-traveller thumped thread is launched. has it been that long already? travellers are deffo the most hated minority by thumped readers.

DuncheeKnifed said:
jaysus, i buzz down to the sticks for one weekend and the next anti-traveller thumped thread is launched. has it been that long already? travellers are deffo the most hated minority by thumped readers.

After punks Dunchee.

Roy+Keane+02l.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back