The ignorance of some people! (2 Viewers)

thats a load of cock ramps, im sure there are plenty of decent travellers but 90% of travellers ive met are inconsiderate, filthy cunts.

80% of the general public also meet this criteria but if i was puttin money on who would lead to the downfall of the human race it would be travellers everytime.

clonan attack said:
thats a load of cock ramps, im sure there are plenty of decent travellers but 90% of travellers ive met are inconsiderate, filthy cunts.

80% of the general public also meet this criteria but if i was puttin money on who would lead to the downfall of the human race it would be travellers everytime.

so the travelling community as a race of people are inherently evil?

clonan attack said:

Lazy Sunday Afternoon Trolling. Yawn.

clonan attack said:

ah look, i know they dont do themselves any favours in the p r stakes a lot of the time. until recently, i was in there with the penny for the baaby jokes as much as he next man. its just that ive been working with travellers fairly closely and quite like two families in particular. so im taking a biased stance.

it just annoys me how everyone on here is so "sound and cool" when it comes to some things and at the same time deems it acceptable to slate travellers for no particular reason

I work with some really lovely travellers too.
Like Ramps said, they may do themselves no favours as far as their public image goes, but like I says, boy are those people alienated and discriminated against.

It's not ok to be racist against travelling people. I'm sure people in the bible belt had negative experiences with black people too.

I never thought the people on this forum were sound and cool. When Thumpers get on their high horse about social disadvantage etc, I take it with a pinch of salt.
theres a lot of thumpers who do and say things they can't justify. Just cuz they listen to indie rock or whatever doesn't mean they have any more or less cop on than anyone else like, whatever they might think themselves

personally I've never met a sound traveller, but I'm sure they exist.

Dude, 'thumpers' do things apart from post on the internet and listen to tapes.

Do you have much interaction with travellers? Honest like. Have you spent much time with any of the travelling community?

I haven't really. Just on a professional level. And that's only a teeny weeny non representative section of the community. Some of them are lovely. Some of them not so. I'm not going to go on a diatribe about social disadvantage, discrimination or exclusion again but it really does affect the way people interact with mainstream society and individual members of it. Not to excuse individual travellers being pricks or anything, but it should be taken into consideration.

I'm just saying that even though a lot of thumpers get very left wing and nice and fluffy about stuff, the forum can show a lot of prejudice too.

I don't have much interaction with travellers, just giving my own experience, take what you may from it. Ballinasloe can be quite the cowboy town, and a lot of travellers cause a lot of trouble there. I spose the sound travellers don't really stand out in a crowd, because they're sound, and that's why I've never met one. Whereas the prick travellers make an effort to stand out, and be pricks, that's why I remember them.

GORILLAMUNCH said:
bear in mind roisin is only 17 (most everyone else should know better)

Sorry I also forgot to add what he said after he told me to shut up, "say something again and i'll pull that yoke out of your lip", refering to my piercing.

ramps said:
i deal with a lot of travellers at work. they are all very decent people. i have two young lads on my own personal caseload. very nice lads. considering how hard you people try and portray yourselves as ultra pc and with it. this thread so far is simply propogating a tired negative stereotype.

stop dissing the travellers and cop the fuck on.

the ignorance of some people.

Try having them rob strawberries off you when your selling them?
(this was in waterford)

Seeing them burn grey hounds?

Having them annoy you in primary school every day by pulling your hair?

Wonder why they took over the farmers land down the road and then burned caravans on it?

Seeing horses die from being over ridden through pony traps?

Seeing them get concil houses bulit only to distory them and move on when theres people on waiting lists?

Last night was the last straw!

I also realise that other people may do things like this but they seem to be the only people at this in my area.

Seanc- dig what you're sayin but this forum is made up of (literally) a squillion members. Reckon there's always gonna be some form of prejudice when you've this many folk in one space. But as far as I've seen there are loads of genuine heads on here who don't endorse/exhibit any sort of racism or classism or whatever. This forums full of really clever and aware people. Good place for a scrap.

I'm prejudice against loads of people.

Roisin said:
Try having them rob strawberries off you when your selling them?
(this was in waterford)

Seeing them burn grey hounds?

Having them annoy you in primary school every day by pulling your hair?

Wonder why they took over the farmers land down the road and then burned caravans on it?

Seeing horses die from being over ridden through pony traps?

Seeing them get concil houses bulit only to distory them and move on when theres people on waiting lists?

Last night was the last straw!

obviously all the dodgy travellers live in wexford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back