Swedish House Mafia (1 Viewer)

Brian Boyd-brain is a clown shoe.

Hasn't a notion about anything. The only readable thing I ever read by him was plagiarised.

couldn't have that gig in the phoenix park though cos the indie bedwetters would be afraid they'd hurt the grass

Give me "indie bedwetters" any day. At least they don't go around randomly kicking the shit out of some poor unfortunate.

Ravers were always wankers.

There's an excellent response to Brian Boyd's piece in today's Irish Times by Darragh McCausland.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2012/0712/1224319859266.html#.T_5uJQeGHzQ.twitter

This bit is great:

Boyd also explores the possible role played by alcohol and drugs in Saturday’s fiasco. The thread of his argument is hard to follow and appears contradictory. On the one hand he states that law enforcement officials in the 1990s “much preferred having to deal with a ‘blissed-out’ rave audience than a beered-up rock ’n’roll audience.”

On the other, he castigates Madonna for making “a stupid and irresponsible” remark about the drug MDMA (ecstasy) last March. If we wade through these mixed signals, we come to the kernel of Boyd’s argument which seems to imply that it is an indiscriminate combination of dance drugs and alcohol that is problematic today.
Here, we enter the realm of pure speculation. Do we know what role drugs played in the stabbings? At what point on a continuum do we blame drugs as being more responsible than alcohol for what happened or decide that it was a combination of both? Boyd is a better man than me if he has definitive insights into these slippery variables.

Furthermore, to insinuate that drugs belong exclusively to the realm of dance while rock ’n’ roll is more traditionally associated with beer is actually laughable. Surely Boyd is familiar with the benzedrine-chomping mods of the 1960s? The Beatles? Keith Richards? David Bowie? Lou Reed? I believe that they, and many of their fans, have enjoyed a drug or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back