Swedish House Mafia (5 Viewers)

Education towards the "dreaded" drink needs to be addressed. Saying cheep drink is the issue is just treating the youth as monkeys that cant help themselves and will buy loads of it because its at a low low price. The youth deserve more credit then that. Turn these monkeys into Apes (i dont know where im going with the monkey ape thing but you get the jist...) and show them that they don't need to be buying fuck loads cause its cheep and i'm cool to get out of it and kick the shit out of everything... keep the drink cheep i say, address the youth attitude :)

If you up the price of drink where will that increased cash go? To the government? more taxation! so i'm taxed AGAIN cause "jonney cant handle the gargle and his spending habbits" got fucked up and wreaked the Phoenix park?

Apparently people had knives and hammers taken off them and then were allowed in to the gig. Those skangers should have been arrested, Also, anyone who was already intoxicated shouldn't be allowed in. You're not going to be able to stop all of the hassle, but a few elementary steps would help.

Saying cheep drink is the issue is just treating the youth as monkeys that cant help themselves and will buy loads of it because its at a low low price. The youth deserve more credit then that.
if they're still drinking themselves into a stupor regardless, they're not deserving of *that* much more credit...

Let's just all agree that Jim Carroll's a cunt, before we tease out these tougher issues.

if they're still drinking themselves into a stupor regardless, they're not deserving of *that* much more credit...

I should have stated that i would believe that a minority of youth get fucked up completely on drink. Tarring with the one brush and all that. Probably more youths then the past but i still believe upping the price of drink is not going to fix it.

stopping ireland being shit for young people would be way more effective than changing drink prices. and its really sad that those kids died.

I wasn't suggesting cheap booze is the root of all the problems we have with the stuff but it certainly does contribute.
A lot of Irish people seem to be unaware that it is possible to enjoy a couple of drinks and leave it at that,instead the attitude seems to be to get as drunk as possible as quickly as possible,that's obviously a societal issue that we need to work on,bans on cost/below price alcohol won't solve the problem overnight but it would be a small step in the right direction.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/archives...than-required-at-phoenix-park-gig-558621.html

Mr Desmond said there were 511 security personnel present at the gig, and more than 140 gardaí

"The licence conditions would have been in the region of 400 (security personnel). We were 50% over (that)," he said.

I'm not a mathematican but isn't him saying that they were 50% over security wrong?

511 + 140 = 551 (total security). 400 needed for licence conditions. That makes the 551 37.5% over the required number for the licence. Or am I missing something?

You have all the laws you need to curb underage drinking.
Bars and offies rarely get prosecuted for serving to underage. Or adults that buy for them either. You could start there.
Zero motivation from the gards or anyone to tackle this though except when people get stabbed.

Really though, why shouldn't young people drink the shit out of it?
Almost every adult they know does so too. Town on the weekends and every social occasion is drink-the-shit-out-of-it time for nearly everyone involved.
You have to be almost unable to talk or stand to get refused in a pub. I have no idea what you have to do to get arrested for public drunkenness - pissing/puking on the Dail maybe?

You hear it said a lot "We, as a nation have a problem with alcohol" when the opposite seems true. We're kind of okay with it, the drunkenness, the weekend violence, the puking, the sheer obliteration of it. We certainly do nothing to stop it.

Talking about solving the problem ignores the fact that nothing really ever changes. This is who we are and how we will be for the forseeable future.

I hope that I have contributed to the overall debate by taking the important step of pontificating about it on a message board on the internet.

How's about asking young people why they drink to oblivion and then maybe addressing those issues rather than hypothesising over them. Could even do the same with the rest of the population of this country.

But it's not cheap in Ireland

Well seeing as how people will always disagree on what's cheap and what's not would it not be safe to say that alcohol is cheaper than it was previously?Surely its not coincidence that this occurred at the same time as binge drinking became a bigger problem?

Like deadman said,the reason teenagers drink so much is because they see everyone else doing it and assume its the norm.

Boozing is fun. Drugs are fun. Any amount of "education" horseshit isn't going to change that. Can we stop beating ourselves up over the fact that we like to get of our heads? You don't have to hate yourself to enjoy being drunk. Wouldn't it be simplest just to be a bit more practical about minimising the negative consequences?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back