Springsteen v Kathy French Hot Press (1 Viewer)

if only irish society could be placed under the control of some ancient, pastoral institution with a claim to universal truth that could somehow observe, judge, and thereby shape our moral attitudes in this decadent age...

yes indeed. and if only those in charge of such an ancient pastoral institution weren't themselves blazing their genitals into bags full of cocaine and children.

The rapid rise of cocaine use in the past couple of years has been caused by the smoking ban. People can't smoke in the pub now, so they do coke in the jax instead. Then if they really, really need to go outside for a smoke, they don't feel the cold.

Also, from what I saw on Prime Time, outside the pub is where all the drug dealers are. Ergo, the more people outside the pub, the more customers the drug dealers have.

This is all going to be in the Indo tomorrow, you mark my words.

what this country needs is a cocaine ban!! stick it back to the seedy alleyways where it belongs
!ninjaaaa
- leigh

Vigilantes are the only people who get anything done. Horribly maim a few hundred high profile users, butcher a couple dozen dealers and burn RTE to the ground. Job done.

After watching Prime Time tonight, I feel like we're living in a real life incarnation of the world of Fahreheit 451 - only instead of a ban on books accompanied by scaremongering and sensationalist media outbursts condeming their use by elements throughout society, it's hard drugs that have been forced underground!
That film really hit home with me, warning against the easy populism that could lead to a world where we hide our reading material in toasters or behind paintings. Well it's time to wake up, people - that world has arrived in a different guise; a guise of outright legal opprobrium for potentially dangerous narcotics, where a curious drug mule can be hit with a ten year sentence for the 'crime' of smuggling 90 to 120 pellets of cocaine in his/her digestive system. This is a world, like Fahrenheit 451, where the inquiring individualist and the explorer of materials from farflung cultures lives in fear of the state - only now, here in Ireland 07, that person is an importer of lethal substances rather than a voracious reader of foreign fictions.
I've had enough. Like the film (which I enjoyed very much, 8/10) we need a place of safety and preservation, where the drugs can be passed orally from hot chick to impressionable young teen around a campfire burning freely in the night.

The rapid rise of cocaine use in the past couple of years has been caused by the smoking ban. People can't smoke in the pub now, so they do coke in the jax instead. Then if they really, really need to go outside for a smoke, they don't feel the cold.

Also, from what I saw on Prime Time, outside the pub is where all the drug dealers are. Ergo, the more people outside the pub, the more customers the drug dealers have.

This is all going to be in the Indo tomorrow, you mark my words.

I dont feel like starting a fight after having a cigarette. It's a wealth issue, and it was inevitable.

I find it comforting and none too surprising that the oirish are still capable of adopting a Torch Burning Villagers approach to issues like these that 'other' first world countries know just simply comes with the territory.

People with lots of money and little else to do do class A's.

Dont do drugs. Do stuff.

Now watch this drive.

dub-gavin.jpg

Went off Drink and drugs long ways back apparantly. I believe him. I dont know why.

Surely, if Ireland is bathed in cocaine like every paper says, we should legalize it, for the safety of people who like to use it and so as not to fund terrorism, as well as to raise much-needed funds for our penny-pinching belt-tighteners making the budget.

Seems only logical to me?

(Or am I just playing devil's advocate?)
#

it seems logical but it's pretty impossible to source legal coke without funding a criminal somewhere - unless they can suddenly grow cocoa in Meath.

Also if I were Pfizer and Novartis and someone was legally allowed to seel a drug without FDA approval - I'd be well pissed and insist I shouldn'e me tenting my drugs if they are not testing theirs.

Also if I was Gordon Brown and the country next door started legalising drugs (remember they are not legal in Holland - and Holland are looked at askance by the international community for their position) I'd be fucking livid.

It seems logical - but in the real world I don't think it's possible.

I dont feel like starting a fight after having a cigarette. It's a wealth issue, and it was inevitable.

I find it comforting and none too surprising that the oirish are still capable of adopting a Torch Burning Villagers approach to issues like these that 'other' first world countries know just simply comes with the territory.

People with lots of money and little else to do do class A's.

Dont do drugs. Do stuff.

Now watch this drive.

Somebody reminded me yesterday of a fitting quote from Dorothy Parker, "If you want to find out how God feels about money, just look who he gave it to."

Also, it's still a class issue. For the working classes, it's partly about how they're dying from drugs (like them lads in Waterford), but also very much about how they're shooting each other. For the shitterati it's because they're precious and they're dying and the world can't lose these beautiful progeny of the wealthy, who die because the working classes shove drugs up their beautifully polymered noses.

But again, as much as I deplore cokeheads, more people die every year from smoking, drinking and poor driving and none of those have fucking anything to do with illegal drugs. When people happily forget that they have legal access potentially deadly things, they sometimes lose their good sense, if they ever had it. The legality of that stuff stops no one, but neither does the illegality of coke (and I don't think it could be legalised, nor do I think it should be).

You can't legislate for common sense, and the more you try to do that, the closer you get to a police state, which you don't realise you've even got until yer man's hand is down yer trousers and and another man's up your bananahole with a camera probe and you don't even think that's particularly weird.

Where was I? Yeah. Rich kids have always been class A hoovers, it's part of being a rich kid and why they have to hang around in the only places that will tolerate their coke-fuelled arrogance -- it's just that there are more rich kids than before. It's not a coke problem, it's definitely, as Corey says, a fucking rich kid problem.

#

it seems logical but it's pretty impossible to source legal coke without funding a criminal somewhere - unless they can suddenly grow cocoa in Meath.

Also if I were Pfizer and Novartis and someone was legally allowed to seel a drug without FDA approval - I'd be well pissed and insist I shouldn'e me tenting my drugs if they are not testing theirs.

Also if I was Gordon Brown and the country next door started legalising drugs (remember they are not legal in Holland - and Holland are looked at askance by the international community for their position) I'd be fucking livid.

It seems logical - but in the real world I don't think it's possible.
I wrote this letter to the Times yesterday. The bitch didn't publish it.
Madam - As your editorial (December 8th) puts it, cocaine kills. Cocaine occasionally directly kills people who overdose on the drug. Fortunately these occurrences are quite rare, recent tragic events notwithstanding. We all know, most of the damage done by cocaine, and indeed all illicit drugs, is done indirectly. The evil criminals who bring drugs such as cocaine, heroin and cannabis into this country are truly dangerous people and are responsible for dozens of murders every year. Those of us who spend money on these substances are indirectly causing these avoidable deaths. But why are these drugs illegal? Because they’re dangerous? Are all dangerous things illegal? If drugs could be legally purchased, criminal gangs would go out of business. Gangland murders would drop considerably. The tax revenue collected from this could be put to good use, to provide improved treatment to heroin addicts (people who are amongst the most vulnerable and isolated in our society) and to educate people about the dangers of all drugs. The thousands of man hours the police spend seizing drugs and solving gangland crime could be put to different use. People who make the decision to take drugs could be assured that what they’re taking is at least of reliable strength and quality. Maybe future overdoses could be avoided in this way. I suspect that none of this will happen, that our nation will continue to be outraged until another major story occupies our collective attention, meanwhile the corpses will mount up and the criminals will continue winning the war on drugs.
Yours etc,

Well it's time to wake up, people - that world has arrived in a different guise; a guise of outright legal opprobrium for potentially dangerous narcotics, where a curious drug mule can be hit with a ten year sentence for the 'crime' of smuggling 90 to 120 pellets of cocaine in his/her digestive system.

Oh, hi guise

I wrote this letter to the Times yesterday. The bitch didn't publish it.
Madam - As your editorial (December 8th) puts it, cocaine kills. Cocaine occasionally directly kills people who overdose on the drug. Fortunately these occurrences are quite rare, recent tragic events notwithstanding. We all know, most of the damage done by cocaine, and indeed all illicit drugs, is done indirectly. The evil criminals who bring drugs such as cocaine, heroin and cannabis into this country are truly dangerous people and are responsible for dozens of murders every year. Those of us who spend money on these substances are indirectly causing these avoidable deaths. But why are these drugs illegal? Because they’re dangerous? Are all dangerous things illegal? If drugs could be legally purchased, criminal gangs would go out of business. Gangland murders would drop considerably. The tax revenue collected from this could be put to good use, to provide improved treatment to heroin addicts (people who are amongst the most vulnerable and isolated in our society) and to educate people about the dangers of all drugs. The thousands of man hours the police spend seizing drugs and solving gangland crime could be put to different use. People who make the decision to take drugs could be assured that what they’re taking is at least of reliable strength and quality. Maybe future overdoses could be avoided in this way. I suspect that none of this will happen, that our nation will continue to be outraged until another major story occupies our collective attention, meanwhile the corpses will mount up and the criminals will continue winning the war on drugs.
Yours etc,

That's way better than my one:
Dear indo,

Please find enclosed a sample of my faeces. Perhaps you could print it?

Yours snortingly,
seanc

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back