Springsteen v Kathy French Hot Press (2 Viewers)

Primitive

Ireland's leading music rag "Hot Press" features a 4 page article on Bruce Springsteen & 7 pages to Kathy French???? Is it a music mag or just "Hello" in disguise?

Did you read last week's Sindo magazine, a 7 page whopper on Katie French and the Street kids of calcutta...

and once again

WHAT DA FUCK IS KATIE FRENCH WHEN IT'S AT HOME??????

Katie French is taking up valuable Glenda space if you ask me

Hoy goys

Glenda%20Gilson.jpg

The hot press pr trick is the same for every issue. They have an interview with a politician or celebrity and they ask them if they've taken drugs or something "controversial" and then all the radio chat shows discuss it. :mad:

Remember they gave that shitty Cranberries album 8/10?

I don't read it anymore, I'm afraid of reading cutting edge articles about Sinead O'Connor, Charles Haughey, paedophile priests or Jack Charlton.

I stopped buying it after the done a two page spread on that girl band chill. They hadn't even released a note of music, but they were well connected ( I think valerie row & John reynolds were managing them).

I started buying it again a year or two ago out of sheer boredom. I wish they would stop trying to be all things to all men. interviews with politicians, airheads and witless footballers, fuckin' bullshit.

The quality of the writing when compaired to say Mojo or Q is also poor, but then again these are monthly mags & hot press is twice monthly

Love those intros Barry Egan does when interviewing someone like Rebecca Loos, they are as bad as Sting lyrics, awkwardly referencing philosophers, artists and writers in a ham-fisted attempt to express to the reader that he's a real rennaisance man you know. This is one of the all-time classics, introducing an interview with Justin Timberlake

James Joyce devoted four pages of A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man to interpreting Thomas Aquinas's theory of beauty. Had Joyce been in Belfast on Tuesday night, he would have only had to gaze upon Justin Timberlake's bewitchingly risque female dancers to understand completely beauty in full bloom.

Love those intros Barry Egan does when interviewing someone like Rebecca Loos, they are as bad as Sting lyrics, awkwardly referencing philosophers, artists and writers in a ham-fisted attempt to express to the reader that he's a real rennaisance man you know. This is one of the all-time classics, introducing an interview with Justin Timberlake

James Joyce devoted four pages of A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man to interpreting Thomas Aquinas's theory of beauty. Had Joyce been in Belfast on Tuesday night, he would have only had to gaze upon Justin Timberlake's bewitchingly risque female dancers to understand completely beauty in full bloom.

All I know is that Barry Egan's disastrous interviews with Twink seven years ago made me want to scrub with a wire brush. Never before or since have I felt so mired in that swollen-faced chardonnay Knocklyon hangover universe. And then last Sunday, he interviewed her again, after she had not spoken to him for SEVEN YEARS. I actually bought the fucking paper to read it.

Anyone who wants to know what kind of cunt is contributing to the increasing tabloidisation of our world, who is encouraging the falling standard of journalism by buying such things, you can be assured: I'm that cunt.

I bought Hot Press once in 1989. I got it for the cover they did for the U2 concert that was on the radio that new years eve.

I heard they started talking about mickeys and sex and all that since then. god forbid.

Remember they gave that shitty Cranberries album 8/10?

I don't read it anymore, I'm afraid of reading cutting edge articles about Sinead O'Connor, Charles Haughey, paedophile priests or Jack Charlton.

CJ expressed a wish to cut throats [of fuckers] and push them over a cliff in a HP interview c1980s.

I bought Hot Press once in 1989. I got it for the cover they did for the U2 concert that was on the radio that new years eve.

I heard they started talking about mickeys and sex and all that since then. god forbid.

haha I remember that - your own personal 'cut out and keep' inlay card for the U2 concert.

Back in 1989 HP wasn't bad. Always crappy for music but reasonably good for other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back