Springsteen v Kathy French Hot Press (1 Viewer)

Hoy!
glenda-original.JPG

Why Johnny why?????

::clef::And the kids in my corner they can't get enough, Glenda Glenda Glenda::clef::

sung to the tune of Fender Stratocaster by Jonathan Richman

Did you read last week's Sindo magazine, a 7 page whopper on Katie French and the Street kids of calcutta...

and once again

WHAT DA FUCK IS KATIE FRENCH WHEN IT'S AT HOME??????

to all of you who dont know who she is -she WAS a very sucessfull Irish model. I wouldn't worry - you wont have to read her stories again as she died yesterday. Please try and remember that these celebs are still people with family & friends who love them. Remember this before you slag them off. If you dont want to know about them dont buy the magazines with them in it or at least flick past the pages they are in.

RIP Katy

to all of you who dont know who she is -she WAS a very sucessfull Irish model. I wouldn't worry - you wont have to read her stories again as she died yesterday. Please try and remember that these celebs are still people with family & friends who love them. Remember this before you slag them off. If you dont want to know about them dont buy the magazines with them in it or at least flick past the pages they are in.

RIP Katy

Fuck sake! Now it's not okay to have an opinion on anyone in case the person in question dies after you express it???

Sorry if I'm wrong, but the subtext of your post, seems to be..You wrote mean stuff, and well now she's dead, so are you happy?..

Pathetic

Of course I'm not happy. And I was criticising Hot Press for running such a ridiculously long interview with someone who was pretty unknown at the time. Rather than criticising Katy French, who was just making the use of publicity afforded her to lie about her drug usage etc.

That was written weeks ago. Why did you go unearthing it?

RIP Katy

Get a friggin life you twat. She was no more a "celeb" than I am. What was her 'celebrity', what was she "famous" for???
I had nothing against the girl but attitudes like yours and certain sections of the Irish media make my blood boil!!
:mad:

In fairness Aileen, I don't think anyone on this forum is glad she's dead. But as far as many of us are concerned, she was somebody who appeared weekly in the Sunday papers but was famous for no apparent reason. Her death is clearly a tragedy for friends and family but the only thing that makes it more noteworthy than any other death for the likes of us is the ludicrous media reaction, especially that rag posing as a quality broadsheet- the indo.

In fairness Aileen, I don't think anyone on this forum is glad she's dead. But as far as many of us are concerned, she was somebody who appeared weekly in the Sunday papers but was famous for no apparent reason. Her death is clearly a tragedy for friends and family but the only thing that makes it more noteworthy than any other death for the likes of us is the ludicrous media reaction, especially that rag posing as a quality broadsheet- the indo.

agreed.
can we drop this topic now?

Please try and remember that these celebs are still people with family & friends who love them. Remember this before you slag them off.

So it's in order to criticise celebs once we acknowledge the fact that the have family and friends that care for them?

i.e.

"I realise that Ms X has family and friends that love her.
Regardless of that fact, I still think she's a fucking shallow, fame-obsessed idiot'.

I concur with Wobbler. Why would you unearth a post like that and throw it back in someone's face, with the 'now she's dead' line? As if there existed a hope that she would die buried somewhere within the post. That's a pretty despicable sentiment.

I was strangely upset when Antonio Puerta died. He a had a sprog on the way (since born) also. Just thought I'd throw that out there for some reason.

For the record. Having seen Katy French on TV since that Hotpress interview, I think she was wasted within that cheap and very small world of Irish promotional modelling, hideous society functions and sunday supplements. She impressed with her engaging manner and obvious intelligence and would have made a good TV presenter I think.

I concur with Wobbler. Why would you unearth a post like that and throw it back in someone's face, with the 'now she's dead' line? As if there existed a hope that she would die buried somewhere within the post. That's a pretty despicable sentiment.

Aileen died 10 minutes ago you insensitive asshole. Don't you have any respect?

RIP Katy
That's a very ugly sentiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back