Spotify (3 Viewers)

I fell for that last year. I also nearly fell for it this year but I remembered last year just in time.

A: spotify has upped its game to take on itunes via facebook + iphones quite directly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gng29RIhIl8&feature=player_embedded#!

B: facebook hinted only this week that they are experimenting with internal currency, which would imply possibly with all this interconnection mullarkey that facebook could possibly be recieving a cut of future music revenue. in the same way apple make 30% on every iphone app sold, facebook are planning the same with thier internal global currency.

Personally i'd like to be able to create personalised cover art for my amazing playlists
well I got my wish here

now I'd like to them to actually allow me to play music. There's some bug that just stops certain artists playing. I WOULDN'T MIND BEING ABLE TO LISTEN TO THE NEW ST VINCENT ALBUM CHEERS.

apparently Spotify are telling people the "fix" is to create a new account

Can't play anything from Green Day - The Spotify Community

"thread"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

seems the way to make money off Spotify is to make stuff bland enough to go on the "stuff that sounds a bit like the Amelie soundtrack that I can have on in the background" playlists.

The Problem with Muzak | Liz Pelly

What does it mean for “the most trusted voice in music” to celebrate an algorithm as preferable to its own crate digging? What does it mean when the tastemaking humans endorse data-driven machines? What does it mean when the algorithms become cool? 8.4 Best New Algorithm

A band I know have been advised more or less (lots of paraphrasing here) to forget everything else and concentrate on spotify. The biz now looks to spotify to gague popularity. This seems so wrong to me and so presumptuous. Pushing artists to endorse a system that gives so little back.
How many likes on your page and how many plays on spotify = quality now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back