so..trap or el tel? (1 Viewer)

Austrian season finishes in April, so it's not too long. I reckon he'd be worth the wait.

Agreed. Trap and Brady sounds pretty good to me. I understand the frustration but really don't buy this notion by Dunne that players might retire cos of the uncertainty. What would they be doing anyway? It's not like we've a Euro 2008 to be warming up for.

Last night was entertaining enough old fluff but not much to be taken from it. I don't agree with whoever said the back 5 were solid. Were you not watching Kelly? Jesus wept.
I thought Duff looked OK actually, and that he'll get it back in a bit. Mc Geady looked a bit more like what's he capable of, but you'd think somebody would have taught him to look up every once in while? There was a touch of the Terry Phelan's about some of his runs.

dunphy was pretty funny last night
trapatini

did anyone go tot he game ?
did you see the half time entertainment
ireland u19 playing in croker
burd gets the ball on the edge of the box , chance to score
oh she appears to be fixing her ponytail with her right hand
and shes fluffed it

i know girls are supposed to be better at doing to thinks at once
"manning the wrecking ball while sucking double dong" but that
was taking it to another level

i reckon the irish / arsenal keeper will have mad bragging rights
back in the showers in highbury while lathering her tits in suds

ireland put up a good fight ahainst a much better team
best ive ever seen mcgeady play for ireland by miles but still no
end product , duff was better in the second half , no end product
keane and doyle were in luisao and alexs phoca for the whole match
pretty toothless going forward , to be expected with a complete
lack of vision in all our midfielders

KK shouldve been a full back for years

who was their little no 5
never seen him before ?

hats off the brasilians and their samba , amazing

im defo going to try and go over to WC2014
regardless whether ireland make it or not
im supporting brasil if we dont make it

the hair is one thing but the other shite...daddy dick / dead granny 2 No. of etc is what he deserves a pasting for.

whats daddy dick

a mate reminded me of a story i had actully read somewhere
apparently they pinned ireland down and tried to pull his highland jig off

we need him like a hole in the head
our centre mid has no invention at all
miller and carsley , we'll struggle to beat the cat with that

dunphy was bold enough to say we will defo qualify if we have trapatoni on board , hope hes right

hunt was shite when he came on
not easy coming on as a sub tho
i was fuming when i heard mcgeady would play ahead of him
he justified his performace tho , showed belief , like duff
if he could shoot or pass he'd be animal

hope the duff man gets back to his best we need him

what's the story with rte's website? can't seem to watch last night's analysis, or any other show for that matter.

our centre mid has no invention at all
miller and carsley , we'll struggle to beat the cat with that

I'd said it before but...Carsley is Ireland's answer to David Batty (the only difference being that I admire Carsley's commitment) in that he has no vision and his natural instinct is to pass the ball backwards. He does it 95% of the time when the likes of Keane and even Andy Reid would be pinging balls into open spaces on the wing.

Didn't get to see the Brazil match but from reading about it today it seems Ireland had the same issues as most recent games.. I think that with the exception of missing a proper creative central midfielder (maybe the 2 Reids? Or Garvan \ O Toole \ etc from the U21s, if they make the step up) the big problem is more about the lack of a coherent system than the lack of decent players.. If a prospective new manager can sort out 1) getting them to hold possession for more than 10 seconds at a time 2) moving forward as a team with short passes and making runs for each other, not depending on miracle long balls or just leaving Duff\McGeady\Hunt\etc to try and beat 3 or 4 players in one go 3) no more stupidly deep stand-offish defending.. then I reckon we'll have as good a chance as anybody. Scotland turned things around, Northern Ireland too, don't see why we can't finally come out of the rut if a few simple things are fixed.

we were ten times better than we have been for years. simple stuff first, eh? remove stan and we look ok. lot of work to be doen tho, but o'shea looked like he wanted it. kilbane at leftback? no brainer. liam miller, still shit. but much, much better. i was actually upbeat after it.

it defo wasnt bad at all
we were playing a class side , good players doing a keane for them aside
stepehen reid will make a differnce to us , he can put the tackles in like
carsley and offer something going forward

dont get me wrong carsley is what he is , ronseal
he would be useful away from home if we needed to play 5 in midfield
to try and scrape a result against a team much better than us
he does it for everton week in week out and he makes them hard to beat

will andy reid ever get properly fit and play the ball i know he can
i have my doubts
he has great vision to play quick forwards in over the top
where is he now , did he go to sunderland ?

ireland would also make a difference to us
i dont care what happened that he pulled out of the team

i think givens is a bit of a gombeen anyway
hes "the manager" so when he comes out with stuff
like i havent heard anything from stephen ireland to say
he wants to play for his country again i think hes in the wrong
he should pick stephen ireland if he thinks hes a good enough
player and he should instigate sorting the problem out

i cant see trapatoni or el tel having a problem with him
why would they, theres very little else to choose from
kilbane is going to be left full now more often than not
theres not enough irish midfielders playing at a high level
to fill the midfield places in the squad

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0211/trapattonig.html

Giovanni Trapattoni has been appointed as the next Republic of Ireland manager according to a report in today's Irish Examiner.
The FAI three-man selection committee travelled to Austria to meet with the Italian legend who the paper believes will commence his new role when his contract with Red Bull Salzburg expires in May.
FAI chief executive John Delaney could fly out to meet Trapattoni's advisors in the next 24 hours to put the finishing touches to a deal that could be worth in the region of €1.4million per year.

I hope he brings Gentile with him as part of the backroom team, if only for this story.

There are many humorous stories involving Gentile within the footballing world. One is that during the Ballon d'Or (European Footballer of the Year) awards ceremony in the late 1970s English centre forward Kevin Keegan was announced as the winner. As Keegan walked towards the host to collect his award he passed the seat where Gentile was sitting. As Keegan walked past Gentile is reported to have stuck out his foot and tripped up Keegan. As Keegan was getting to his feet Gentile reputedly whispered into his ear, "You wouldn't have won any award if I had been marking you".

I hope he brings Gentile with him as part of the backroom team, if only for this story.

There are many humorous stories involving Gentile within the footballing world. One is that during the Ballon d'Or (European Footballer of the Year) awards ceremony in the late 1970s English centre forward Kevin Keegan was announced as the winner. As Keegan walked towards the host to collect his award he passed the seat where Gentile was sitting. As Keegan walked past Gentile is reported to have stuck out his foot and tripped up Keegan. As Keegan was getting to his feet Gentile reputedly whispered into his ear, "You wouldn't have won any award if I had been marking you".

yeah it would be great to get Gentile in as well.

If the FAI were to pull this off and we ended up with trappatoni, Brady and Gentile. I dont think anyone can moan about that, i have had my doubts about trap (age, language barrier etc) but people need to stop saying 'at least its not el tel' , when staunton left i dont think people would have thought past fucking o'leary as being our best option

yeah it would be great to get Gentile in as well.

If the FAI were to pull this off and we ended up with trappatoni, Brady and Gentile. I dont think anyone can moan about that, i have had my doubts about trap (age, language barrier etc) but people need to stop saying 'at least its not el tel' , when staunton left i dont think people would have thought past fucking o'leary as being our best option

it's looking good. But, if anyone could manage to fuck this up, it'd be the FAI. They'll probably text the job offer to El Tel by mistake.

What kinda nicknames could we come up with for Trap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back