so..trap or el tel? (2 Viewers)

If this is true, then.. deadly! Easily the best of the available candidates, El Tel etc don't compare.. It's possible that somebody with a good record with mid-level international sides like Hodgson would've suited us even better but seeing as he'd prefer doomed Fulham then this is definitely the next best thing. He's won things in the last couple of years, so it's not like his glory days are all back in the 80s/90s.. plus this could be his last gig so he's unlikely to jump ship for a club team in the middle of the contract. And we have to play Italy, I'm sure he wouldn't mind turning them over a couple of times. Just hope to God he doesn't turn out to be our version of Bertie Vogts with Scotland, it'd be too fucking depressing if Trappatoni + Brady can't make anything decent out of this team. I wonder if he's actually seen us playing at all during the last 5 years?.. A fair bit of work to do..

FAI to consider benefactor's offer

Sunday, 10 February 2008 14:04
The FAI is believed to be considering an offer of a €1million donation from a leading Irish businessman to help land a top class manager as successor to Steve Staunton. According to today's Star Sunday, it is reported that the businessman is anxious to help the FAI fund its new boss, with former Italy manager Giovanni Trapattoni the red hot favourite to get the job.

FAI President David Blood denied any official announcement was imminent, but did hint that the big money offer would be considered.
Blood said: 'There could be people that would be prepared to support us in that area but there's nothing official at this time.

'We are in a situation where if people want to make an offer then it will be given full consideration by us. If people want to assist us there's no way that we wouldn't discuss it at a very high level.'
He also confirmed that as far as he was concerned the offer was the first of its kind.
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/0210/fai.html

If this is true, then.. deadly! Easily the best of the available candidates, El Tel etc don't compare.. It's possible that somebody with a good record with mid-level international sides like Hodgson would've suited us even better but seeing as he'd prefer doomed Fulham then this is definitely the next best thing. He's won things in the last couple of years, so it's not like his glory days are all back in the 80s/90s.. plus this could be his last gig so he's unlikely to jump ship for a club team in the middle of the contract. And we have to play Italy, I'm sure he wouldn't mind turning them over a couple of times. Just hope to God he doesn't turn out to be our version of Bertie Vogts with Scotland, it'd be too fucking depressing if Trappatoni + Brady can't make anything decent out of this team. I wonder if he's actually seen us playing at all during the last 5 years?.. A fair bit of work to do..

yeah I'm pretty delighted to be honest. though I have my reservations about the man, I think he's the right kind of manager we needed to aim for. I'm surprised that it's actually happening, I was expecting more of the same bullshit. whether he can get us anywhere is another question. I imagine it's a very frustrating position and it will come down to the players in the end. but one thing he will be good at is proper tactics, set pieces, building solid defensive play and getting the best out of players who want to play. just as long as he knows we don't want no damn stinkin catennacio!

Jesus, those press conferences are wonderful! Give him the Ireland job for the potential comedy value alone!

"Andy Reid? 25% of games!!! Fatty, fatty, fat fat!"

the players seemed to be hankering for Tel, but fuck 'em. Finger's crossed trap's the man.

After stan's shambles, if he can get us organised, get players playing in their right positions and to their best, make us had to beat, he'll be doing a good job.

wouldn't have a probelm with him being perceived, rightly or wrongly, as a negative coach. it's not like we ever played great football anyway. we need someone to get the house in order, and a ballbreaker like trap is the man. as long as the players play for him....

the players seemed to be hankering for Tel, but fuck 'em. Finger's crossed trap's the man.

After stan's shambles, if he can get us organised, get players playing in their right positions and to their best, make us had to beat, he'll be doing a good job.

wouldn't have a probelm with him being perceived, rightly or wrongly, as a negative coach. it's not like we ever played great football anyway. we need someone to get the house in order, and a ballbreaker like trap is the man. as long as the players play for him....

maybe it'll be like Remember The Titans or Coach Carter. yeah. kick their butts, coach! and in the kicking, bring them together and make them the best players they can be. World Cup 2010 here we come!

20060719_trap.jpg

There are bound to be a few Italian lads of Irish parentage popping up in Serie A by now.

There were enough randy Paddys over there for a few weeks in 1990, so there should be an 18yr old Giuseppe Murtagh knocking about somewhere.

the players seemed to be hankering for Tel, but fuck 'em. .

Yeah exactly. Some of them want El Tel cos he'll be one of the boys, and they won't like a fuckin ball breaker coming in and making them sweat blood. well bring it on. If they won't play for him, they can get the public dressing down they deserve.

I also have no problem at all with a defensive strategy as long as we start moving again.

There are bound to be a few Italian lads of Irish parentage popping up in Serie A by now.

There were enough randy Paddys over there for a few weeks in 1990, so there should be an 18yr old Giuseppe Murtagh knocking about somewhere.

fuckin right. some Mick Del Baggios and Pat McMaldinis from Serie A / B and we'd be flying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back