so..trap or el tel? (1 Viewer)

rampz

cant picture either of them going on the late late or doing a cheesy eircom commercial.

despite the ineptness of the fai, im so glad its not billy davies v steve cotterill or whoever. poor tel though must feel a bit put out that he's the back up plan.

I don't think I've ever screamed at a manager so much as I did with Trapattoni in 2002 and 2004. His tactics wrecked my head / wallet. But he knows his shit, to be fair and I'd rather him (by a million) to El Turd.

trapattoni is a better choice, apparently the fai are having a hard time getting in touch with el tel anyways cause he spends so much time in spain, and my feeling is that he'd only treat the irish job as part-time hobby type, and we dont need or want that, so get trapatonni in, oh and bring back steven ireland

Trap would be my choice out of the two but if I had an overall choice Big Fat Sam would still be the one I go for.

I could definitely see El Tel appearing in any number of Eircom, Honky Dorys, Opel, Pennys and Irish Pride ads, the man would do anything for a quick Euro.

'tel, yer fackin blower is dinglin' you CANT!!!!'

sexybeast1.jpg

is the ireland brazil thread
mon eire !!!

i had a free spare ticket for the match and it took me agees to get rid of it
i cant remember shit like that happening since ireland were doing really bad
at the start of mccarthys reign

shocking

i reckon we can get something off these show off cunts tonight
id be worried about oshea naturally

if mcgeady doesnt play well they should cut his legs off and
play hunt out of position ahead of him

one of the best midfielders ireland have at the moment tbh

yeah, for City maybe, but not for Ireland. He's by far and away the worst example of this new culture of fucking arseholes who don't want to play for their country, and we shouldn't go after them. Keep him and his ilk well out of it and bring in the lads that are there to represent 100%. I'd sooner see an Irish team play badly but give their all then prance around at 40%.

yeah, for City maybe, but not for Ireland. He's by far and away the worst example of this new culture of fucking arseholes who don't want to play for their country, and we shouldn't go after them. Keep him and his ilk well out of it and bring in the lads that are there to represent 100%. I'd sooner see an Irish team play badly but give their all then prance around at 40%.

yeah i know Ireland has had his problems, but i would still have him in the team. Irregardless of what anyone says, we are struggling to find players. With finnan and o'brien retiring we are in pretty bad state at the back. will we get a full campaign from duff and s.reid ? McGeady is great in scotland but is a little suspect at other levels (still young though), Ireland is a young talented player who is playing regularly in the prem, we will need him in the squad.

out of the U-21 side that played last night, how many look like they will get through to full level ? O'Dea has shown promise, O'Halloran has looked good at times but there is not much coming through.

i know what your saying about not wanting player who wont give their all playing for their country but thats not really the case with stephen ireland. He has played well, with a good scoring record (4 in 6 i think) and has saved us on two occasions.

The problem here is that he is probably a little bit mental......but good managers can handle people like that! Unlike givens who publically said that he would not allow himself to be embarressed by 'someone like him'

The problem here is that he is probably a little bit mental......but good managers can handle people like that! Unlike givens who publically said that he would not allow himself to be embarressed by 'someone like him'

yeah Givens :rolleyes: who made a show of himself on sky when he couldnt confirm if andy o brien had retired or not.

bring stephen ireland back. wig or not wig. prick or prick.

givens was a little over the top about ireland, not just this time, but for the wales games as well. don has a reputation as a disciplinarian at u21 level, maybe there's some hangover from the time ireland walked out on kerr? anyway, after all that was said about him by don, why would he go to him, cap in hand, any more than don would go to stephen? and mores the point, ireland hasn't been picked, if he was in the squad, he's play, and give his all. when has he not played well for us?

if the lad has some issues, and clearly he did, and had to stay at home to work on them, where's the issue. it's not a case of "this cunt doesn't want to wear the green" it's a case of, give the lad some space. he's only young. he'll get it together, or not. after all the guff don gave him, ireland might say "fuck yis" but he hasn't. hasn't said anything in fact. he didn't make up grannydeathgate so he could go shopping or attend a stag in las vegas, did he?

i'm reminded of stan collymore at villa,and john gregory. there was a real talent that wasn't looked after properly. lets not have the same disaster with one of our better players. we have fuck all of them.

yeah Givens :rolleyes: who made a show of himself on sky when he couldnt confirm if andy o brien had retired or not.

bring stephen ireland back. wig or not wig. prick or prick.

I think this is the first time you have agreed with me......i'm scared!

But yeah I wonder would both finnan and O'Brien have retired if a manager had have been announced earlier

i fell asleep at the start of that. any hopes for the future? what about that o toole guy? any good?
they were just an indistinguishable green mess.

only saw the second half, mind, and they were undressed repeatedly. whilst spurning some chances too, it must be said. keogh looks like he couldn't kick snow off a rope. mind you the entire england team were first teamers in the premiership... lennon, milner? they've been prem players for fucking years...

i fell asleep at the start of that. any hopes for the future? what about that o toole guy? any good?

never seen anything of him to be honest. I could probably talk more about hte england u-21 than the irish which is sad......

givens was a little over the top about ireland, not just this time, but for the wales games as well. don has a reputation as a disciplinarian at u21 level, maybe there's some hangover from the time ireland walked out on kerr? anyway, after all that was said about him by don, why would he go to him, cap in hand, any more than don would go to stephen? and mores the point, ireland hasn't been picked, if he was in the squad, he's play, and give his all. when has he not played well for us?

if the lad has some issues, and clearly he did, and had to stay at home to work on them, where's the issue. it's not a case of "this cunt doesn't want to wear the green" it's a case of, give the lad some space. he's only young. he'll get it together, or not. after all the guff don gave him, ireland might say "fuck yis" but he hasn't. hasn't said anything in fact. he didn't make up grannydeathgate so he could go shopping or attend a stag in las vegas, did he?

i'm reminded of stan collymore at villa,and john gregory. there was a real talent that wasn't looked after properly. lets not have the same disaster with one of our better players. we have fuck all of them.

This is all predicated on the fact that you believe Ireland to be somehow innocent, which I don't. Mental or not, I am of the view that he's not interested in playing for Ireland any more. He doesn't say anything because his agent and PR advisor have put a mussle on him, which is eminently sensible.
I'm not defending Don Givens either - he has no business criticizing individuals who may well be mental, and should leave it alone. But that has no bearing on the correctness of his decision not to pick Ireland.

If Ireland DID say he wanted to play again, I'd book a friendly with Kyrgyzstan away just to test the fucker. If he plays 100% in Bishkek, well then....!

This is all predicated on the fact that you believe Ireland to be somehow innocent, which I don't. Mental or not, I am of the view that he's not interested in playing for Ireland any more. He doesn't say anything because his agent and PR advisor have put a mussle on him, which is eminently sensible.
I'm not defending Don Givens either - he has no business criticizing individuals who may well be mental, and should leave it alone. But that has no bearing on the correctness of his decision not to pick Ireland.

If Ireland DID say he wanted to play again, I'd book a friendly with Kyrgyzstan away just to test the fucker. If he plays 100% in Bishkek, well then....!
i dunno, do you know this for sure? where were these pr advisers when he was offing grannies left right and centre. we'll see, if there is an actual bullying culture in the ireland camp, as was indicated previously, not least by stephen hunt, who seems to be a vicious little shit, then that will have to be eradicated by the new man. unless that man is tel... and if it is bullying that forced him out, then he can't be at fault? there's too many permutations to this. i wouldn't rule out stephen ireland, who to my mind has given his all when he's played, has scored important goals and more importantly isn't john o'shea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back