so..trap or el tel? (3 Viewers)

Wasn't it Hunt who said there is no bullying and that the allegations were total rubbish? If there's no evidence of it then I'd be inclined not to believe it. Anyway, I know that Ireland was assigned new PR advisors by Man City AFTER the granny episode, for obvious reasons.
Like I said, I wouldn't rule him out if he declared again his readyness to rejoin the fold and tog out in central Asia in -20 degrees, but until then I'd rule him out for sure.
You are of course right about John O'Shea.

Here it is
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ireland-was-not-bullied-insists-hunt-1200490.html

I think this is the first time you have agreed with me......i'm scared!

But yeah I wonder would both finnan and O'Brien have retired if a manager had have been announced earlier

nah you said i was talking sense ONE TIME as well! ;)

"There has not been any contact whatsoever with the Irish FA. This idea that Trap is due in Dublin over the weekend is nonsense ... Stealing off to a meeting behind his employers’ backs is not Trap’s way of doing business. It’s complete nonsense and he’s very angry at the way his name has been bandied about." - A spokesman for Giovanni Trapattoni, as quoted in the Sunday Times.

This is all predicated on the fact that you believe Ireland to be somehow innocent, which I don't. Mental or not, I am of the view that he's not interested in playing for Ireland any more. He doesn't say anything because his agent and PR advisor have put a mussle on him, which is eminently sensible.
I'm not defending Don Givens either - he has no business criticizing individuals who may well be mental, and should leave it alone. But that has no bearing on the correctness of his decision not to pick Ireland.

If Ireland DID say he wanted to play again, I'd book a friendly with Kyrgyzstan away just to test the fucker. If he plays 100% in Bishkek, well then....!

i am not saying he is innocent at all, but if you have a player of his talent everything should be done to get him playing. Not a massive fan of souness but when he was asked what he would do about stephen Ireland he said he would be on the first plane over and talk to him face to face about the situation. You have to remember two things.

1. When Ireland said he didnt want to be called up, there was a statement by man city saying that they felt it would be better for him to be near his therapist. The kid obviously has some shit going on

2. The reports of bullying that went on in the ireland camp over his 'hair'. if these are true and with someone in his condition, this again needs to be handled correctly by the management

Although not on the same scale you can somewhat compare this to the keane saga. Yeah keane was an absolute cock but if handled differently by the manager/players etc there could have been a different outcome. Raul also went to head home during that world cup but he was talked out of it by the management ( i think similar thing happened with the dutch) You cannot garuntee a team of angels who always give everything for their country, but with good player management you can control situations like this.

"There has not been any contact whatsoever with the Irish FA. This idea that Trap is due in Dublin over the weekend is nonsense ... Stealing off to a meeting behind his employers’ backs is not Trap’s way of doing business. It’s complete nonsense and he’s very angry at the way his name has been bandied about." - A spokesman for Giovanni Trapattoni, as quoted in the Sunday Times.

The Sunday Times said that a manager would be appointed on Sunday, and that's why Trap was not being considered. But then they delayed the appointment for ten days, maybe, to meet up with trap and suss the situation out. Or else to appoint billy davies.

we need stephen ireland
we should take any goodplayers we can get

i taught rooney looked good for ireland when he came on

once the first goal went in , jammy it was too we threw caution to the hurricane
and got whipped but i taught it was an ok performance
if keoghs finishing had been better we couldve got something
and he laid on a ball rooney scored from that was on side
the reffing defo went against us in the game

the yong fella who plays for ipswich looks good whenever ive seen
him play but he wasnt great last night, cant think of his name now

i think keogh , rooney , ipswich and odea might make decent players
given a bit of time

englands team is just far better than ours , mostly established premier
league players

england are also playing very well at that level
losing to them away is no disgrace

what fucking age is he ?
hair today gone tomorrow in reverse , he deserves a slaggin
was it supposed to be more than slaggin ?
im sure that goes on in every dressin room in britain

he looked good on the US tour as well, could be a nice option instead of kilbane at LB

did he win the under 21 player of the year or was he just nomiated?

has he had any games at villa? yer man bouma was dodge at first but seems to have settled.

the yong fella who plays for ipswich looks good whenever ive seen
him play but he wasnt great last night, cant think of his name now

billy clarke? hes gone on loan from Ippo i think??

saw him play for ireland a few years ago in turners cross and he was pretty good alright.

what fucking age is he ?
hair today gone tomorrow in reverse , he deserves a slaggin
was it supposed to be more than slaggin ?
im sure that goes on in every dressin room in britain

the hair is one thing but the other shite...daddy dick / dead granny 2 No. of etc is what he deserves a pasting for.

thats odd....it was the first post i made where i wasnt drunk :D

ahhh international week....a time to put our club hatred aside! :)

na i still hate the pool

did he win the under 21 player of the year or was he just nomiated?

has he had any games at villa? yer man bouma was dodge at first but seems to have settled.

he has been sent out to southampton on loan i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back