so..trap or el tel? (1 Viewer)

Yeah exactly. Some of them want El Tel cos he'll be one of the boys, and they won't like a fuckin ball breaker coming in and making them sweat blood. well bring it on. If they won't play for him, they can get the public dressing down they deserve.

I also have no problem at all with a defensive strategy as long as we start moving again.

yeah neither do I really. being solid at the back is a huge part of being a good team and we have some good talented attacking players at the moment in Doyler, Hunt, McGeady, Ireland, and obviously Robbie and Duffer and Andy Reid. and we still have a super keeper. there's great potential and if he's willing to invest time in some more young players, there's a good chance we can have a very competitive and balanced squad. if he can tighten us up at the back and make us dangerous from set pieces then we're in a good position to start kicking some ass.

trap doesn't like to fail. i mean, for an ireland manager, that's fuckin unheard of.

BREAKING NEWS - The Irish Times

FAI ready to name manager

Monday, February 11, 2008

Giovanni Trapattoni will be named as the new Republic of Ireland manager at an FAI press conference on Wednesday afternoon.
FAI chief executive John Delaney confirmed earlier today that the association will be in a position to appoint the new manager on Wednesday and, while he refused to name Trappatoni, it is understood the former Italy coach has already agreed a deal.
Delaney told reporters earlier today that he had spoken with caretaker coach Don Givens, who heads the three-man panel appointed to find a new manager.
Delaney said the panel, known as the "three wise men", had conducted "various interviews" over the last couple of days.
"I am not going to say where they were or where they weren't," Delaney said. "What I will be able to do on Wednesday night is tell you who the next manager is.
"There have been so many names mentioned during the process but, come Wednesday, we will name who the next manager will be."
The recruitment panel is understood to have met the current Salzburg manager last night and the 68-year-old will take the job in May when his contract with the Austrian club finishes.
As expected the deal would see Liam Brady appointed among the backroom team with former Italian international Claudio Gentile named as assistant manager.

This is amazing. Trappitoni has everything I require in an Ireland manager:

1. Amazing comedy value
2. Actually being able to manage a team

It will be like Big Jack all over again, yesssssss!!!

Salzburg have confirmed that he's going.

spacer.gif

Trapattoni off to Ireland at end of season.
Coach Trapattoni aims to depart with his 23rd title. “Leaving the title as a farewell present to my Bulls is now my number one aim!” Preview: T-Mobile Bundesliga, Round 24.
Three points required as Bulls await first of 13 finals. Red Bull Salzburg v SV Mattersburg, Friday 15/02/2008 7:30 pm, Bulls Arena.

http://www.redbulls.com/soccer/salzburg/

We're definately going to win the World Cup now.

I feel sorry for Bulgaria, the best squad they've ever had and they're fucked now. Maybe they'll knock out Italy.
ever? i think hristo stoichcov and his mates might have something to say about that. but you're right. it's over for those guys.

ever? i think hristo stoichcov and his mates might have something to say about that. but you're right. it's over for those guys.

They had Hristo and baldy Letchov who wasn't that great as well as that donkey savage Ivanov at the back and little else of note. I think the current squad with Berbs and the Petrovs stacks up better. Dodgey at the back though.

This is exciting.. I hope people's expectations don't get sky high though, I reckon it might take a while for it to produce results. He may be in for a bit of a shock if he's expecting that Premiership-level players come with decent ball control and positioning skills as standard. Though apparently he was on RTE there saying that he'd seen tapes of the Brazil and Wales games and he reckons we can top the group - bit of a revenge\proving himself against the Italians thing going on maybe?...

They had Hristo and baldy Letchov who wasn't that great as well as that donkey savage Ivanov at the back and little else of note. I think the current squad with Berbs and the Petrovs stacks up better. Dodgey at the back though.
whoa nelly! lubo penev? kasamir balakov? emil kostadinov?
really la.

You know nothing about football.

What about Trifor Ivanov!?

so basically the more premiership players the better you are :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back