Sinead O'Connor..take a fucking bow. (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 567
  • Views 52K
  • Watchers 9
I'd recommend giving the first album a listen. It is truly remarkable. All the more given how young she was when she wrote most of it. 'Just like you said it would be', is one of the best songs ever written.
+1 on this. Even thinking about "Just like you said it would be" gives me the shivers. "Troy" is equally good IMO

Was away last week, just reading this now. Just wanna chime in to say that I fucking loved SOC's first album, and that she did speak out on some stuff that people weren't speaking out about - but she also talked an awful lot of shite, and I find the way she's being lionised atm pretty off-putting. Do you judge someone by their best work or their worst? Answer: neither (stop judging people, you prick)

It is truly remarkable. All the more given how young she was when she wrote most of it.
She did most of the arranging, mixing, producing too.
It's a remarkable record for a teenager to make. Or anyone.

I'd forgotten all about this til yesterday
I walked out of the cinema and across to HMV to get the soundtrack after hearing this once
(This is what you had to do to hear songs you liked back then)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you judge someone by their best work or their worst? Answer: neither (stop judging people, you prick)

Usually it's take what you like and leave the rest.

But everyone has their own metrics for this stuff.
We've been chatting about Michael Jackson and Gira and Bowie and Jordan Henderson and others the week before Sinead ended it.
Our connections to these people's art and so on, is gonna be the biggest deciding factor in judging them.
On some level. we're always having these conversations. It's not so much judging (it obviously is) but we're memetic animals, always looking for people to valorise and copy.

I know we all already know this, but it's Monday and I'm busy. So I'm online.

I know she's credited with those things on the album, but I very much doubt she did "most". There's another producer credited too, and an engineer, and another arranger and 5 other mixers.
Print the legend, Egg!

as a lot of the online conversation inevitably turns to compassion fatigue, accusations of "one-hit wonder", "angry hate-filled person" "is now in hell" etc. it's nice to see this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have it lined up now for later. Will report back.
@rettucs I enjoyed it but it’s not really my cup of tea. The range and clash of styles was really interesting but overall it was a bit of its time for me.

Embarrassingly, I actually didn’t know “Mandinka” was her, I actually thought it was The Cranberries.

I actually didn’t know “Mandinka” was her, I actually thought it was The Cranberries.
Two things about this, it is a very hilarious mistake to make, while also being a great dig at the Cranberries.

And I wish I was as young as you to be able to make that mistake.

I love TL&TC but the second album is a less discordant listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back