Sinead O'Connor..take a fucking bow. (6 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 567
  • Views 52K
  • Watchers 9
What kind of gobshite mixes up Sinead O'Connor and The Cranberries. Seriously like.

I mean I don't know the facts, but I always got the idea that the Cranberries were signed so the record company could make money off a Sinead soundalike

And a bunch of eager young kids that were more likely to play ball than Sinead

Not that the Crans weren't earnest or sincere, but they weren't really all that original

Unless I'm missing a joke here

I mean I don't know the facts, but I always got the idea that the Cranberries were signed so the record company could make money off a Sinead soundalike

Not that the Crans weren't earnest or sincere, but they weren't really all that original

Nah, it was a stupid callback to a joke I made a page ago.

I read that somewhere too. The execs were all geared up to watch the cash roll in until Sinead did her SNL thing. A substitute was found in the shape of Dolores Cranberry and everyone was happy

According to wikipedia the record label bidding war for the crannberries was in 1991, they cut the first album with all the hits in spring 1992 and Sinead tore up the picture in oct 1992.

A substitute was found in the shape of Dolores Cranberry and everyone was happy

Except, you know, the dead women. I'm putting quite a fine point on it there, but still.

There was a lot of Oirishness going around at that time. The Corrs appeared on Beverly Hills 90210 fgs.

According to wikipedia the record label bidding war for the crannberries was in 1991, they cut the first album with all the hits in spring 1992 and Sinead tore up the picture in oct 1992.

Picture or not, the bidding the war was about having a Sineadalike make money

I think it was @the bearded lady who told me about @niallmc doing the door at a Hope gig in Charlie’s one Saturday afternoon. Some band wanted to haul their gear up the stairs and through the crowd while the gig was still well underway.

So Niall says no, they’ll have to wait until the gig is over. Or pay in if they wanted to see the gig.

“But… but…. But we’re The Cranberries!”

“*blank look*…. Who?”

I don’t care if this is true or not.

Except, you know, the dead women. I'm putting quite a fine point on it there, but still.

There was a lot of Oirishness going around at that time. The Corrs appeared on Beverly Hills 90210 fgs.
Pfft. Since when did the artists matter? (Joking)I'm kind of leaning in Sineads "their career/house in Antigua " quote

that was where Jim found out about the lizards I think.

That cast was like, 80% reptile.

Are you telling me I grew up fancying reptiles?
Look, as long as they go their own DESIGNATED bathrooms, I'm fine with it.

It's just, look, they come in, using our bathrooms. With their cloacas. It's not right. I don't hate reptiles. It's just... there's kids in there. What are they going to say?

Daddy daddy, why does that lady have a cloaca?
It's OK son, look away. Just... look away.

It's not right. With their dirty dirty cloacae. It's disgusting is all.

To be totally honest, I'd prefer wierd humanoid reptiles to the offspring of actual rich humans. Better chats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back