Sinead O'Connor..take a fucking bow. (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 567
  • Views 52K
  • Watchers 9
Look, as long as they go their own DESIGNATED bathrooms, I'm fine with it.

It's just, look, they come in, using our bathrooms. With their cloacas. It's not right. I don't hate reptiles. It's just... there's kids in there. What are they going to say?

Daddy daddy, why does that lady have a cloaca?
It's OK son, look away. Just... look away.

It's not right. With their dirty dirty cloacae. It's disgusting is all.

'don't say reptilian'

No problems with the Foo tribute. Alanis did what she could, clearly reading the lyrics. Like Dudley said, a testament to the range on the original that someone like her struggled.
Weirdly Third Eye Blind also did a good tribute, maybe not that weirdly since their guitarist is Irish.
Saw Villagers do one too at ATP. They went straight for the "if you can't sing it, whisper it, advert music" style cover. To be avoided IMO.

I played I Do Not Want... at the weekend and had a bit of a sad.

The outpouring has been SO massive and maybe it's because I was away for a week that I'm getting the feeling that maybe if we're all sad enough and vocalise what we feel loudly enough... she might come back.

No problems with the Foo tribute. Alanis did what she could, clearly reading the lyrics. Like Dudley said, a testament to the range on the original that someone like her struggled.
Weirdly Third Eye Blind also did a good tribute, maybe not that weirdly since their guitarist is Irish.
Saw Villagers do one too at ATP. They went straight for the "if you can't sing it, whisper it, advert music" style cover. To be avoided IMO.

I played I Do Not Want... at the weekend and had a bit of a sad.

The outpouring has been SO massive and maybe it's because I was away for a week that I'm getting the feeling that maybe if we're all sad enough and vocalise what we feel loudly enough... she might come back.

Never knew one of them was Irish. Not that I know much at al about them.

ETA
If you've lived in Ireland you've gone to a roaring alcoholic's funeral, and their kids have to sit there and have a shower of fuckers that only know one side of the person walk by shake their hand and tell them what a wonderful person they were.
There's always more to it.

I'm dealing with the aftermath of a narcissistic parent dying, so I completely understand what you're saying. The problem is... I've come to understand no one else understands unless they've lived it too. And we get shouted down by the flying monkeys. I understand. Many do. But we are silent because of this......... I understand "Mommy Dearest" so much more now than I did when I first saw it.

I'm dealing with the aftermath of a narcissistic parent dying, so I completely understand what you're saying. The problem is... I've come to understand no one else understands unless they've lived it too. And we get shouted down by the flying monkeys. I understand. Many do. But we are silent because of this......... I understand "Mommy Dearest" so much more now than I did when I first saw it.
Sorry to read this
You get robbed even of properly grieving

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back