Shebeen Chic (1 Viewer)

Re: shebeen chic review

why did the other thread get closed? i posted about how much i loved the place and never got to see any replies...

i had a great meal there for 2 people, 2 glasses of wine and a coffee for e36. service and food was great - try the monkfish cheeks with bacon, cabbage and mash for e15. i work in a restaurant and am very aware of food and service when i eat out, and so can be very critical - and i had a great meal there...

why did the other thread get closed? i posted about how much i loved the place and never got to see any replies...

i had a great meal there for 2 people, 2 glasses of wine and a coffee for e36. service and food was great - try the monkfish cheeks with bacon, cabbage and mash for e15. i work in a restaurant and am very aware of food and service when i eat out, and so can be very critical - and i had a great meal there...
Oh for fuck's sake

Did the other thread actually get disappeared? Not just locked? What did they threaten you with, Pete?

(If so, that's a pretty terrible way to promote your restaurant, Daoine Shebeen...)

think i might go this weekend, with so much hype its gotta be good!

:eek:

I don't think so. Maybe sometimes there's a a flesh oboe player.

I walked by this place by accident last night. It made me sad. I mean, since when was it okay to charge people some kind of 'green' premium because it's crap? If they want to be 'ethical' in every way, how about not charging a fucking shitload of money for what sounds like fairly crappy food? €14 for a main with no sides is not 'reasonable'. For a small bit more than that, you can have an amazing meal in a much better restaurant that isn't flogging a lame gimmick.

I have a terrible feeling I'm going to end up in there some night and I'll never live it down nor will I ever forgive myself. Please lord, no.

This is like a thread about your favourite band all over again, and suddenly a few new posters post up about the AMAZING band that no one knows, but of course they're not IN that band, oh no.

It's only liable if it's not true?

what do you mean? everyone knows that the bastard rain are the best exponents of garage-folk-electro-billy in this city!

It made me sad. I mean, since when was it okay to charge people some kind of 'green' premium because it's crap? If they want to be 'ethical' in every way,

i have yet to figure out what the green/ethical aspects of this place are?? came someone please tell me?

I saw a photo on a blog and it had tea towels hanging from the roof and a traffic cone stuck to the wall...

i have yet to figure out what the green/ethical aspects of this place are?? came someone please tell me?

I saw a photo on a blog and it had tea towels hanging from the roof and a traffic cone stuck to the wall...

They bought a lot of their stuff second-hand. That's all I can tell.

I guess doing something people have always done makes you 'green' now.

They bought a lot of their stuff second-hand. That's all I can tell.

I guess doing something people have always done makes you 'green' now.

I think it just gets you column inches as such.

Feck it, I'm going in there for a looksee.

I like to hate with some first-hand observations.

I passed this place yesterday evening and they had an elegantly shabby sofa outside for those smoking their roll ups! The place was milling with hipsters, a vertiable hipster fest!

This is a quote from the owner

"The ethic is we are going back to the time when we didn’t have as much money as we have now. We make do with what we have and we are a bit smarter with our money."

considering that some people who have been there think they are selling overpriced slop and I think the "green" line is a very poor case of greenwashing to whore out some differentiation I will probably not go there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back