Shadow Of The Colossus (1 Viewer)

Stan Bowles

Contributor
HOLY FUCK!

Been playing this for an hour, just brought down my first colossi. Looks really cool in widescreen too. Anyone else got it yet?

That's the new Ico right! OMG SQUEE Etc!
That's probably the last ps2 game I'll buy before I give up consoles for PC games forever*

*until the new Zelda

It's sad how few games I like that come out.

I don't think it's anything to do with ICO, just made by the same people in a similar style.

Slain four colossi since lunch, very productive afternoon.

My PS2 hasn't been taken out of storage since I moved to my place (well over a year ago now). Is SOTC worth digging it out for?

Yes. It rules. It's vaguely depressing though, I have a sense of impending doom while playing it.

god, that sounds so emo.

ICUH8N said:
Yes. It rules. It's vaguely depressing though, I have a sense of impending doom while playing it.

god, that sounds so emo.
No, no, ICO was like that too. Vaguely sad and depressing... BUT GREAT!

still interesting after the weekend neil?
i may actually buy a second game for my playstation based on yon response.

oh shit said:
still interesting after the weekend neil?
To be honest I haven't had the chance to play it much. I've done another couple and its still great. However the biggest drawback is that I've got a game time of about three and a half hours and I've already beaten 6 out of the 16 giants. So its a short game, but a very very enjoyable one. One to rent if you have a day or two to spare maybe?

Yeah I'm up to 10 after about 5 hours play. Apparently you can replay it a few times with all the strength you gain during the first go-round and find new areas, but I dunno.

Finally started playing this last night and demolished 4 in an hour! I only wanted to play it for one but after each save, I kept saying "I'll just see what this next one looks like, then I'll turn it off" and then I got hooked on trying to figure out how to get up on him, then I just figured I might as well beat him.

Loving it.

Only got round to finishing this today. Was anyone else left scratching their head at the end? What the fuck was all that about???

Don't want to ruin it for anybody so SPOILER ALERT.....

I guess thats baby ICO at the end. Don't ask me to explain it cause I can't.

Yeah, I didn't like it. Why bother getting that chick back to life if you can't ride her?

Can anyone get up to that garden place? I went around getting llizard tails for aaaaaages but I still don't have the stamina to climb up the vines.

tim said:
Don't want to ruin it for anybody so SPOILER ALERT.....
...etc

I read an interview with the developers. They said the two games are not related, that they are two different stories. Shadow Of The Colossus just has similar visuals. I have to say, when i finished it, I thought it looked a prequel to ICO.

Wayne said:
I read an interview with the developers. They said the two games are not related, that they are two different stories. Shadow Of The Colossus just has similar visuals. I have to say, when i finished it, I thought it looked a prequel to ICO.

Funny you should mention that because I read a interview with the director who said that it was a prequel to ICO and it is set in the same land as ICO and allegedly you can see the ICO castle from somewhere in the landscape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back