setting up an independent cinema (1 Viewer)

My da's a teacher. So what you say?
Well, we then get to steal all the school's projectors during the holidays. Make's for some deadly late night Summers shennanigans.

Crazy 12 player games of xbox with 3 different projectors going at the same time. ho ho ho!

€50 to rent a projector.I've been looking into it.A backyard movie show would be flipping stunning for the kids especially but I've identified a problem.Unreliable weather.

fuck renting one...
me and the 'bird' forked out for this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001QWZP8S/?tag=thumpedcom04-21

for under €300 at the time for amazon.de
Yes its the lower end of the market, and its not super professional sure, and I'm pretty sure (Bongo will say) its not up to larger outdoor use, but is sufficient for home viewing, just the two of us, or with a group of friends.

We justified its purchase as we use it also for work, still though, not so expensive in comparison to flat-screen TV or daily projector rental

Edit: not sure it you could hook a Super 8 up to it though Gaz

I've seen DVD's projected onto a sheet in a big room for about 30 people drinking cans and it was class.

I used to do this all the time. It was great.
What makes this kind of thing good is not necessarily the mega quality of sound / image - but the fact that you're sitting with an audience in the dark experiencing a movie together. Yeah DVD isn't the best, but it would be perfectly functionable.

I used to do this all the time. It was great.
What makes this kind of thing good is not necessarily the mega quality of sound / image - but the fact that you're sitting with an audience in the dark experiencing a movie together. Yeah DVD isn't the best, but it would be perfectly functionable.

That'd be great craic if you were particularly farty that night.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back