Running? (1 Viewer)

That’s not just the marathon, that’s the entirety of Britain - if you apply for a job over there you need to mark yourself as White Irish as opposed to just white. Northern Ireland doesn’t as everyone is Irish so it’s just white.
Interesting

I tell you, the temptation to lie on that form was not zero.

In theory, living where and how I live, I do qualify as "Traveller". Most of the neighbours would describe themselves that way, but in a 90's raver sense. It's all bollocks.

I'd like you to do it, I'll be on the eight mile, MC'ing with the lads.

It was a great day, and fairplay and well done to all you marathon lunatics.

Oh, I'm gonna do it for sure - if there's any way I can get in

Ballots open, y'all

Join me and SeanC as we make ladies swoon and men doubt their valour for 26 glorious miles......

Was listening to Ronnie O'Sulliavn on sc yesterday. In addition to being maybe the greatest snooker player ever he has a sub 35 10k, the lad interviewing him who is also an enthusiastic runner seemed impressed
That is like a 5:40 mile pace
Bonkers
I will never ever run that fast over that distance. Very few people I know can do it.
I only know a little about O'Sullivan, but he must have worked pretty hard to get that

ETA
He's cracked the code, this lad

‘Running has kept the things that are important to me – my family, relationships and snooker – much more stable. I’ve noticed I don’t get so moody, there isn’t the same self-loathing. Running just makes me feel so much better about myself, which is good for everyone around me too.’

Last edited:
That is like a 5:40 mile pace
Bonkers
I will never ever run that fast over that distance. Very few people I know can do it.
I only know a little about O'Sullivan, but he must have worked pretty hard to get that

He told the story well, he has a circle of friends who are serious runners, commonwealth top tenners in the marathon. Lads with 2 hours 30 min times, women with 2-45's and they go on running holidays together. One of his mates told him that he was going to pace him to a PB that day, wanted to stop after 5k, his friend kept him going, got to 9 and went for it.

He told the story well, he has a circle of friends who are serious runners, commonwealth top tenners in the marathon. Lads with 2 hours 30 min times, women with 2-45's and they go on running holidays together. One of his mates told him that he was going to pace him to a PB that day, wanted to stop after 5k, his friend kept him going, got to 9 and went for it.
Phenomenal

And he's using running as the foundation of a healthy, loving life.
It's beautiful.

Ran a 1:32:32 Half today, a PB.
Way faster than I expected to.
But turns out 32 seconds too slow for an automatic qualifying to a major marathon I really want to run.
So now I have some fucking motivation for the summer. Oh yeah.

This is more for posterity than anything; for future generations reading this thread

Happy that my second 10k was quicker than my first

And for anyone reading this that thinks they maybe kinda might want to run - this is absolutely doable for you. No matter how old or creaky or heavy you are.
There is a running group near you that will welcome you at ANY level of fitness. All you have to do is have desire, and show up.

1684671742112.png

3rd half in 3 weeks on sunday just gone
Small race - less than 300 people
Very hilly course
But i came first in my age group. First!
And 10th overall
Happy enough with my 1:38

Anyone else up for running the London Marathon next year with me and @seanc ?

I ain't running no marathon. I'll have a marathon sesh while you run maybe.
I am speaking to the inner SeanC that really wants to do it
The subconscious guy that used the double negative there

Come to the dark side!!!

Came home from work sick

Signed up for the Edinburgh marathon out of sheer boredom

Music Video Hello GIF by Taylor Swift

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back