Running? (4 Viewers)

Finally got my treatment this morning. Took blood from my arm, span it in a machine, and then injected the platelets directly into the tendon, no anaesthetic, and no pain killers allowed. AGONY!
But delighted to think finally on the road to getting it sorted.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yikes.

Why did they not allow any anesthetic do you know? Were they using your reaction as feedback?

I had one thing done on me where they did that because they were pushing a needle through the meat of my foot and they had to know when they hit a specific nerve. "It'll feel like a bit of an electrical shock when we hit the needle off the nerve".

So anyway once they'd collected me from out of the ceiling they knew they were in the right location.

Yikes.

Why did they not allow any anesthetic do you know? Were they using your reaction as feedback?
Aye, pretty much that. Or they were sadistic bastards.
They did tell me that the woman earlier had jerked her foot in pain, and the super thin needle snapped inside her!!

Aye, pretty much that. Or they were sadistic bastards.
They did tell me that the woman earlier had jerked her foot in pain, and the super thin needle snapped inside her!!
yeah. Maybe yis shouldn't be using super thin needles then lads.
When they start messing with nerves like that directly everything gets a bit strange. There's no lead in, it's just nothing nothing nothing ONNN

Thankfully they had a giant horse needle that they gleefully showed me ahead of time. Bullet dodged.

I ran a 3:21 marathon this weekend
Been a goal of mine for about a year to qualify to run in the Boston Marathon, and I think I may have done it

I know for most people, running is boring and uninteresting and possibly pointless

But I'll tell you what it's given me
Most of us here are somewhere near 50-odd years old
This is the time in life when life has turned a corner and has stopped relentlessly giving us things and is starting to take things away
It can take our loved ones, our hairline, our waistline, some of our vitality. At this age, it can feel like our bodies are headed for a long slow decline.

Running has given me life. It has shown me how amazing our bodies are, and how much they can still give us. To run in any race, from a 5k to a marathon with tens or thousands of other humans can feel ecstatic or at least enthusing. It unlocks some primal part of our brains, I think.
And it also can give you friends. You meet people in this and they are interested in what you are doing, and where you are on your running adventure. If you meet another runner anywheres, the two of you can easily talk for ages and be happy as heck for each other.
It's mostly egalitarian - It doesn't matter to me if you are super fast marathon guy or a weekend 5k struggler. If you are lacing up and running, you have the respect of most runners out there. Ifyou run, you're a runner, and you're one of us. We are less likely to engage in all that Dryrobe shade that sea swimmers throw at each other.
It can cure your self-doubt, your sadness or at the very least switch off that part of your brain for the time you are running.
I've never been happier, and this is a part of it.

Anyways, I'm kinda high as fuck on endorphins right now. Or whatever the happy brain chemicals are called.

Love to all.
Try running.

Last edited:
I’m only 39 but done with running. The old plantar fasciitis killed me. I still read this thread though to live vicariously through you old fuckers.

Poopers at the gates of dawn

hc-yE3yBsKa2pU8pq8sHQi6O-1OxdThCBa7cGZDmSe6moQ-B07Jrk5_DYrD-UPksaEOzI6tgKeNvSmSRLrr_HBZ-t8e7YfUY5TQNJehY1rbw90Zk2fVvuFgPRIn6A2gk-ji2hbAs85w-LUHL3Rp7zTHwuLwA1fxKwDa6Gwx08vo-Uqe0o1pyGIJMFVHXxuzoOdBt19pcH006WT2VkO1cV-zIibMIWZiNgk-KN6SqCaqT1rWmWWF8t2ooJeN7lc5j56BylW-SCNLxDd7SWRWasJVnYWQUg-_wPG5LkaEwPlgq-M58wWtdcozzlYBe_YnCCPg79uQMfty4MYwlIcZLxLqweZLWt48Zuht4C73egVss3yIqM03Kw_B0OwCgjWi2DuCd_lSIssM3Wy0qUjB53GUwr4grHHAgYKmnNuV2UGtVmU2JDRjBkW4VN_pKQuNbRJ1cYLgUih-xyC4wqpwCJnL1ULE3ezl4GyPGBdaB21qVxsMW7RZHwPEFBG4S_IbgoQDvseFJ7g_t4wkMTXWFeqtAbyVFpBz3aqEuw_oNdMcERwxpwuTaqqJCcEYZoOj8Q-l1PksjdqpQKFmC4qioa8GEWJQZzjFeBLNk6AYfFp9hXXb-2_4zdX9hFMmX2xbaa3n0GiOeMOhzSKMzW0AY0KodZ0iKexojJ11uDMjfKx9tvTwj324V4mvsAx2dDYjhP5giz8L7qhwnpMnRGxy_rJg6tNd686jTE6ulWJVF6qYOn5vcbxezu_tKsq02qqISZOAqkOlSKFXAv8OlIbGANv4tV0yX3aWAElLtBE08bjr78OcdyEafXrrGMzYQ7Y56qTnBCCfTRbGtz2S8hxjU6M0D4URXgM-qpYjXB_YLNFEqkV4bRAD3eWYEisEC9X_bnwymfo5C1o6jY0C_yfY5dp2ctCqeDlTYoFUZZuOzskBF90pq8lWEnsCN-F5n8DzGz4FtfigL0Owr43i15mhZ=w1204-h902-no

(6:30am race start)

I am in a step challenge at work
And it is fucking killing me - or taking everything I've got more or less

trying to hit 200,000 for the week
Sounds like a lot, but it's actually a hell of a fucking lot

Worst side effect, it's turned me into a tired, whiny pissboy

1676591722082.png

I am in a step challenge at work
And it is fucking killing me - or taking everything I've got more or less

trying to hit 200,000 for the week
Sounds like a lot, but it's actually a hell of a fucking lot

Worst side effect, it's turned me into a tired, whiny pissboy

View attachment 16680

Invariably some team lies profusely about their steps and wins.
We were in one a few years back, and another team was posting crazy numbers. My measure for how crazy their numbers were was that my friend, a hospital porter who is very dedicated to his work, was doing less steps in a day than these people even when he was pulling long shifts.

Fuck step counting

We were in one a few years back, and another team was posting crazy numbers. My measure for how crazy their numbers were was that my friend, a hospital porter who is very dedicated to his work, was doing less steps in a day than these people even when he was pulling long shifts.

Fuck step counting
We have to send in our watches numbers - screenshots and all that

I have seen my competitors - every fucking time I go up the stairs, they are there marching up and down
A lad that plays soccer got 40 fucking thousand the other day. Saw him on the treadmill in his shirt and office shoes in the gym.
These people are all on the up and up
or I believe they are enough that it's not a concern

The concern is how tired and cranky I am!

I got 40,000 steps in a day on one of those watch things once or twice and near that a few other times.
distance wise it was about 19 miles.
I WALKED about 16 of it properly the rest was just moving about doing regular stuff.

I'd imagine RUNNING even 150,000 in a week would be tough.

Fuck step counting
Yep, same thing happened to me. I'd be working long shifts on my feet all day doing 30000 steps, and some academics that sit at their desk for work would be doing 40000. Jokers like.

Yep, same thing happened to me. I'd be working long shifts on my feet all day doing 30000 steps, and some academics that sit at their desk for work would be doing 40000. Jokers like.
As one of the latter, I can guarantee you that I’m hitting nowhere near 40000. Not unless you have a standing desk attached to a treadmill. On my most active day last week, I hit 11000 and felt like I was awesome.

Oh I know it like. These people work in offices, to walk 40000 steps is like 10 hours solid walking pretty much. Unless they spend the entire rest of their day outside the office walking, and they can somehow manage to do that for 3 weeks straight, they're just fuckin bullshitters.

my normal stride length is a shade over two and a half foot AFAIK; so 40,000 steps for me at normal walking pace would be over 30km.
i walk at about 6km/h typically, so that implies one step every half second?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back