Running? (5 Viewers)

Last night before bed

I did it, but it was a fucking slog

I ran more miles this week than in any week training for a marathon. Madness.

Xl-MEvnyWRw6ex_toxlmbIEHCrWDpbNqJZw38l5Q3YDItlEQItPoKpKnDwBNKvGIZj54pJIyoAZNiFyuAJt3R-m8ig_YLwsGBXEWEiuSlUqdq2tQMHowtpsX6vttTKjWwpa9vgK3dDEcJSgoLp_Wmzq-r93SerIr5bMigQKxL4PF3kUoV6_JwIiEZWVO1T625dO5P1t7ygOedA-IIF-LUBDWt-vEHSxfNecINzxIwshhvQPpf_as8e2t5D5hNDUVDS3oL-POrobGhDYqYE70qEEHb9osiv0tavEiW5WM9mZw7eNf2FJy7B-bROZnKxApsRmCQwiLz04u3C88cb3IQxU8uETsw9s9eb_Twxof4MwsB9oFhnVtkVg5QOG7Q9UhnJVvT0A1rREYF7FNx_sBDCdVHBpXny5wkiYHto0MYyyFsundrSkLrt1KrJohT7ua2d39ouZLG2-klwDVVlbLDIf6T1FvNfYwfvP7cOmE37OUWMaKpA6gscKhu48DGWqSXUL1Ouv-CejPjIycXqd0uhibzabYJCfmqQSctmXXO-fo7VBMcH1AJXhcjfZ7JILR_mniYA5We3K8UVKkJQyifva5PYxwhzs4hiH13v6DQLgCGkXTVsq3sqOYzSgjw6Xe7nPhCT2s3CW8SSTPlY7ixTV-unHI0k_zm1qwkN2e-Big6uyenwDDkwfSG1AnriBYbOdyTi7Fp89pkj7Lo6NMK0F9-uEceoLhUwENEGRLbGmgL5iT8UN8oZGRHrC61V2FHEsFHmNT8kTx0EyJqFXhOefhivcSynD3mvfQCJT2etfflwv8MOs_q3UPsAxXm08aIa2pMgWxxfn7EZ3Y2MxCDHd8WTBbTjEDjcfPaRdgNGXeomiA9_9lZYve_E0syQtWawcWlQogv9imWhZQipV3ZRdVcLzrK7VMxs3MMDJF70guv_INl49QyvNcDTEtKVf-8kvtkWLxCG3T1xdKE41m=w407-h902-no

Had the boot off since the weekend. Few twinges here and there, but managed an hours walk this morning without noticing anything, so delighted, especially as other foot was starting to hurt a lot from compensating for the boot.

Physio then at lunchtime, and my glute is *bits* from all the inertia of the last few weeks. As the physio rolled her elbow around it was like she was moving golf balls. Bit of dry needling and they instantly disappeared. Magic things, needles.

Still a good while away from running, but excited at the prospect. Will be brutal though whenever it is, haven't run since August!!!

Had the boot off since the weekend. Few twinges here and there, but managed an hours walk this morning without noticing anything, so delighted, especially as other foot was starting to hurt a lot from compensating for the boot.

Physio then at lunchtime, and my glute is *bits* from all the inertia of the last few weeks. As the physio rolled her elbow around it was like she was moving golf balls. Bit of dry needling and they instantly disappeared. Magic things, needles.

Still a good while away from running, but excited at the prospect. Will be brutal though whenever it is, haven't run since August!!!

Not to sound like a cultist but if you want something low impact to build the cardio back up until you're ready to hit the road what I do has been great for me.

All we can do is just keep doing the next right thing

You are on track

Signed up for a 70.3 race in April

I can do the individual distances no problem - 1.2m swim, 56m bike, 13.1 run
Tying them all together is another matter entirely
Swam a mile on Saturday in the poll and followed it up with 30 (pretty hard) miles (1h35m) on the exercise bike and I was beat. Like woozy.
Was supposed to go for a 6 mile run after that and I was wobbly as fuck and went out to eat instead.

Not exactly David Goggins over here. Not by a fucking long shot.

For those curious...

So I had the plasma treatment in my foot a while back. Physio asked me a couple of weeks back how I was getting on, and I said I thought it was slowly improving, but now my other foot was hurting in the same spot. I put this down to two weeks of wearing the boot and the good foot was taking way more impact.
She was like, 'whoaaaaa, that's now it works'. She asked me to show her the shoes I run in and said they were far too narrow for my foot, and advised I go get a gait analysis done.

Brought the shoes to Amphibian King, who duly obliged and said the shoes I'd been wearing were disastrous for my feet and causing my feet to collapse inward with every stride, putting lots of stress on the outer tendons that are now damaged.

Hooked me up with a suitable pair, and showed me the videos side by side, difference was like night and day. And now I've managed a few 5kms on the treadmill, with no noticeable increase in pain.

So, the stupidest of things, a pair of shoes, looks like it caused me 6 months+ of physical damage. Get gait analysis!!!

For those curious...

So I had the plasma treatment in my foot a while back. Physio asked me a couple of weeks back how I was getting on, and I said I thought it was slowly improving, but now my other foot was hurting in the same spot. I put this down to two weeks of wearing the boot and the good foot was taking way more impact.
She was like, 'whoaaaaa, that's now it works'. She asked me to show her the shoes I run in and said they were far too narrow for my foot, and advised I go get a gait analysis done.

Brought the shoes to Amphibian King, who duly obliged and said the shoes I'd been wearing were disastrous for my feet and causing my feet to collapse inward with every stride, putting lots of stress on the outer tendons that are now damaged.

Hooked me up with a suitable pair, and showed me the videos side by side, difference was like night and day. And now I've managed a few 5kms on the treadmill, with no noticeable increase in pain.

So, the stupidest of things, a pair of shoes, looks like it caused me 6 months+ of physical damage. Get gait analysis!!!
That is a pain in the hole, but a fantastic result

I'm looking to get a coach for an upcoming race - and gait analysis is job one

Lads, this might be cringey for some of you, but I love this lad's energy

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The power of consistency can remake us all

Last edited:
2024 London marathon lottery has Irish as a designation to increase diversity

1682264671078.png

I mean, every little helps and all. Just odd.

2024 London marathon lottery has Irish as a designation to increase diversity

View attachment 16962

I mean, every little helps and all. Just odd.
That’s not just the marathon, that’s the entirety of Britain - if you apply for a job over there you need to mark yourself as White Irish as opposed to just white. Northern Ireland doesn’t as everyone is Irish so it’s just white.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Deadmanposting
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back