Riot in O'Connell st. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MrT
  • Start date
  • Replies 410
  • Views 41K
  • Watchers 17
i really dont like class distinction. some people are born into a certain 'class' but have to work their bollocks off anyway to get by, or vice versa. class shmass.

La La said:
i really dont like class distinction. some people are born into a certain 'class' but have to work their bollocks off anyway to get by, or vice versa. class shmass.

yea. life gets complicated when you leave the library huh.

broken arm said:
yea. life gets complicated when you leave the library huh.

that's hilarious.
im off now to head home and worry about my money situation for the rest of the month.
but oh, hang on! i dont have a right to, cos i went to uni, (even though it was free) and what do i know about stuff?

I see what youre saying, but some people are richer and more powerful than others and its an interesting subject..like why?..can we change it? etc etc

La La said:

La La said:
that's hilarious.
im off now to head home and worry about my money situation for the rest of the month.
but oh, hang on! i dont have a right to, cos i went to uni, (even though it was free) and what do i know about stuff?

coal not dole

MrT (via PM) said:
I am not a total moran, if you read what I say thouroughly and carefully you will see there is a consistency and logic to it whether you agree with it or not.

There were some objectively prooveably wrong things in some of youre posts there.
I never bactracked.
Read my responce.

And then to question my intelligence publically... cmon?
It's spelled m-o-r-o-n, lightning. You may not be a total "moran" but at this point the distinction is purely academic.
I tried to read what you wrote thoroughly and carefully, and I saw a consistency and logic to it. That's not the problem. The problem is that it's wrong, and insulting. If there is anything prooveably (sic) wrong with what I posted (insults and ad-hominem attacks aside) then by all means correct them, I'm perfectly willing to accept that. And please for the love of god get a spellchecker, the typos are making baby jesus cry.

Addendum: you have now sent me three PMs about how I'm insulting you or some other such nonsense. If you want me to be civil, you can start by not referring to a notional block (sorry, spectrum) of people as scummers and making wild generalisations. I could make an effort to address each one of your arguments, and i suppose it would be the civil thing to do, but you haven't really said anything interesting enough to require such lengths, it's just been reactionary bullshit. I'd rather take the piss out of you than attempt to make sense of the wrongheaded pablum you keep posting.

don't blame me

Attachments

• street.jpg
    street.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 62
  • flag5ky.jpg
    flag5ky.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 64
  • protesters20zx.jpg
    protesters20zx.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 70
I don't see how this working class debate has anything to do with the riot on O'Connell Street.

Hmmm...

It’s on now buddy.

anything provably (sic) wrong with what I posted (insults and ad-hominem attacks aside) then by all means correct them”

I have already pointed these out but you have either ignored me or failed to understand my points and then started to publicly question my intelligence and ability to spell. So here we go again. You claimed I was backtracking when I said “I’m not saying its right” regarding hierarchies. When infact I never at any time claimed that a hierarchical society is desirable logical or right.

You failed to notice the distinction between my uncertainty on how well I articulated my point rather that how correct my point was (this is I grant you is subtle, evidently too subtle for you).
And then you give me shit for making a pretty reasonable assumption about the class makeup of the board, while youre posts have ASSUMED without any justification or logic that people with a sever lack of intelligence (or idiots as I called them), alcholism (which is a desease that is nutured not caused by society)…are problems that are caused purely by society.
And then you have the absolute ARROGANCE to come on lecturing people about their logical inconsistencies and poor rhetorical skills?
When I accuse you of what you accuse everyone else of doing (privately) you ignore me and instead make cheap personal insults and try and draw the argument away from the facts and towards my admitedly poor spelling (I figured you’d do that)…
So tell me there OSCAR FUCKING WILDE hows my rhetoric?

ICUH8N said:
It's spelled m-o-r-o-n, lightning. You may not be a total "moran" but at this point the distinction is purely academic.
I tried to read what you wrote thoroughly and carefully, and I saw a consistency and logic to it. That's not the problem. The problem is that it's wrong, and insulting. If there is anything prooveably (sic) wrong with what I posted (insults and ad-hominem attacks aside) then by all means correct them, I'm perfectly willing to accept that. And please for the love of god get a spellchecker, the typos are making baby jesus cry.

Addendum: you have now sent me three PMs about how I'm insulting you or some other such nonsense. If you want me to be civil, you can start by not referring to a notional block (sorry, spectrum) of people as scummers and making wild generalisations. I could make an effort to address each one of your arguments, and i suppose it would be the civil thing to do, but you haven't really said anything interesting enough to require such lengths, it's just been reactionary bullshit. I'd rather take the piss out of you than attempt to make sense of the wrongheaded pablum you keep posting.

valerie_solanas.jpg

You know I think I might be?
Wow, this is even sadder than burning a million quid!

aoifed said:
Evening Herdilt Press Releast:

"MrT is a not so elaborate joke, concocted by the KLF, to enrage lefty dorks on the internet"

Mr T, Do you really think that social problems like alchoholism and violence have nothing to do with class or the structure of society? That's it's totally up to the individual?
More working class people than middle class die of heart disease, cancer and stress related illness. Poverty is stressful.
How much do people think society, education, family life impact on how we behave? Coz I think it has a pretty massive impact.

Lala it's easy to say class schmass but in fact there is inequality in Ireland still and in every country. No matter what you call it there are always some people who have a leg up and some who are born with disadvantages.

The whole 'some people are just natually thugs' shit is a total cop-out and seanc you are still sprouting that shit and you're sober. (also it was not me who de-repped you as I do go to ucd so that would have been silly)

mazzyianne said:
Lala it's easy to say class schmass but in fact there is inequality in Ireland still and in every country.

the planet is unequal. one person bargin is another persons misery. are the billions living on a dollar a day in the same league of disadvatage as those expensive-football-jersey-wearing "rioters"?

broken arm said:
the planet is unequal. one person bargin is another persons misery. are the billions living on a dollar a day in the same league of disadvatage as those expensive-football-jersey-wearing "rioters"?

????????????????
So just because there is more inequality worldwide we cant address problems that we face in Ireland? I'm baffled by your logic....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back