Restaurant Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Their a la carte menu looks great.

CRISPY FRIED MONKFISH, CHIPS, SAUCE GRIBICHE €21.00

SCOTTISH SCALLOPS, CHAMP AND DRIED CURED BACON €29.50

Was in Alexis in Dun Laoghaire again last Friday for lunch.

3 really good courses for €15. Well impressed and highly recommended. Shame the surrounding area is such a kip.

Was in the Town Bar and Grill on Kildare St last week.

The food was very good but none of the salt and pepper grinders worked at all and one of the waiters had distracting personal hygiene issues.

Fallon & Bryne with the Da last night. Carpacio beef for starters, chicken with an artichoke and truffle tart and asparasgus for mains. All wonderful. Desert was creme brule which was sexy.

One of the waitresses was really cute.

Only criticism was the service was annoyingly brisk.

Very highly recommended.

Fallon & Bryne with the Da last night. Carpacio beef for starters, chicken with an artichoke and truffle tart and asparasgus for mains. All wonderful. Desert was creme brule which was sexy.

One of the waitresses was really cute.

Only criticism was the service was annoyingly brisk.

Very highly recommended.

How much?

nice looking menu. What did you have?
The menu completely changes everyday (for the previous week, I checked the menu every day)

On the day, I went for duckhearts with watercress salad for starters, faggots and peas* for mains and eccles cake with Lancashire cheese for dessert.

*I'm pretty sure the peas were Birdseye. For some reason I found this both reassuring and impressive.

I ate in St John in Clarkenwell in London on Saturday.

http://www.stjohnrestaurant.com/menus/

Quite possibly the best meal of my life. Stupidly good value too, since it's recently been listed as the 14th best restaurant in the world. A visit is definitely recommended, if you're ever in London.

ooh yes, i was there for lunch last month and it was almost stupidly yummy. i had marrowbones with parsley salad for starters, then roast mutton with greens and some kind of anchovy dressing, then unbelievably good home made sultana and brandy icecream.

also the blessed nigel slater was at the table beside us.

ooh yes, i was there for lunch last month and it was almost stupidly yummy. i had marrowbones with parsley salad for starters, then roast mutton with greens and some kind of anchovy dressing, then unbelievably good home made sultana and brandy icecream.

also the blessed nigel slater was at the table beside us.
Oh my God. Everything about that meal sounds unbelievable. The marrowbones weren't on the menu when I was there. I don't think I could have contained myself if I was near Nigel Slater.

Was at Shanahans last week. Absolutely amazing. Had the mussels which were served with garlic and a herb dressing. First time I'd ever had them but were so worth the gamble. Even the presentation was amazing.

Had steak(of course) for mains. New York strip. Cooked to perfection. The sides were enormous and were more than enough between the two of us. Dave had a petit fillet which I probably would have if I went back.

Dessert was kinda unremarkable but I'm not a huge dessert person anyway. Overall it was an amazing night and well worth the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back