Restaurant Recommendations (3 Viewers)

La Dolce Vita, Trimmers Lane, Wexford.

Went there yesterday.
Starter - antipasto selection. Fairly deadly salamis, parma ham and a well dressed lettuce/peppers/artichoke selection. Mmmm.

Main - Italian sausage with lentils. Divine and pungent. Lovely sauce on the sausage.

Probably the greatest Italian restaurant I have ever eaten in.

i ate here on your recommendation in another thread earlier this year and it was great. thanks!

Had the slow cooked pork belly with savoy cabbage in L'Gueuleton last weekend. 10/10.

I had this last night. It's my favourite in there.

I wonder if I can get my money back?

The Oysters Rockefeller are something else.

And I had a deadly steak in Darwins on Friday.
Maybe not quite as out of this world as Shanahan's but certainly much better value.

I know you wouldn't think it, but the restaurant upstairs in Foley's on Merrion Row is fantastic. It does standard roast etc but lovely on-the-bone (oo-er missus) beef; great lamb stew; huge Dolly Parton-esque duck breasts.

If you're ever meeting your parents for a meal (for example if they want to go somewhere nice to tell you they're splitting up) then go Foley's. The upstairs has cloth tablecloths and the main courses have been parent question-proofed i.e. come with potatoes and veg.

I know you wouldn't think it, but the restaurant upstairs in Foley's on Merrion Row is fantastic. It does standard roast etc but lovely on-the-bone (oo-er missus) beef; great lamb stew; huge Dolly Parton-esque duck breasts.

If you're ever meeting your parents for a meal (for example if they want to go somewhere nice to tell you they're splitting up) then go Foley's. The upstairs has cloth tablecloths and the main courses have been parent question-proofed i.e. come with potatoes and veg.

I took an older relative to a fairly nice Italian restaurant in the North End in Boston and when their main course arrived they could not believe that it had no meat in it - that the restaurant would trick them like that, putting a meatless meal on the menu without highlighting the fact.
They sent it back and asked for a plate of just whatever meat would be the quickest to cook (sausage)
It was Bennigan's and Red Lobster after that.

True story

Was in The Farm organic restaurant on Dawson St. tonight. Had read a lot of mildly poor reviews on line, but was really impressed with tonight.

€45 quid for 3 course meal plus coffee/ tea. Great choice (about 4/5 options in each course)- Really lovely pear and leak tartlet for starters, gorgeous pumpkin and aubergine risotto for mains and deadly top notch choc moose for afters. They threw in free champagne cocktails and bottle of wine cause they asked us (table of 7) at 4.00pm to turn up at 7.00 pm rather than 7.30pm.
The service was fine. Only bad thing was the bizarre lighting change every 5 mins or so. So, happy days!

Went into the Gourmet Burger place in Temple Bar tonight.
Perfect if you're in a rush but want something nice.

The burgers are large & fucking tasty.

ate in The Ivory Tower in Cork on Saturday night. beautiful little restaurant. friendly staff and fucking amazing food. 4 course meal was €60 and wine is extra but holy bejayzus. its incredible.

Went to hugo's on Merrion Row for xmas office lunch.

I had a game and something terrine (paté/dog food)
Beef - overcooked but nice anyway
Cheesecake.

A boring menu for a swanky place, but maybe it's more interesting outside of the Christmas season.

I went to Fire at the Mansion House for a family Christmas "let's go out together" thing.

Disappointing, at the price.

I had fairly tasty lamb skewers to start, and some rather bland prawns for my main. Courses were small, side orders were small and virtually without taste (rubbish dauphinoise spuds) . Dessert choices were unappealing.

Okay I need suggestions for a place in Dublin to have a family lunch. 10-15 people. One elderly family member liable to be freaked out by almost anything .... so safe and comfortable surroundings. Also has to be child-friendly. Plenty of room. Easy parking.

Does not have to be fancy but nice food, y'know? Not too expensive (i.e. more Dunne and Crescendi than Chapter One). Not in city centre would actually be a bonus but not too fussy about location.

Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back