Restaurant Recommendations (2 Viewers)

the bloody stream (gorgeous pub) beside howth harbour.

order the salmon fillet and chips. ignore the teriyaki that comes with.

best salmon in dublin, imho!!!!!

Oney a feckin' four choon! Maybe when I win the lotto. What's the Guilbaud set luncheon like?
it's alright, like. I ate in the private dining room - it was a work thang - and so missed out on the atmosphere in the main room, but it was yumptious. I had a soup of skirt of scallop and tandoori chicken (bizarre, but nice), for me main, cheese to finish.

went to bang with the in laws.Nice enough although I don't know if I'd hurry back. I had the scallops for starters and the lamb for main. The Lamb was super rare but was lovely. Staff weren't the pleasantest but that seems to be the norm nowadays..

went to a load of places in new york - all good. best was dinner at the carlysle hotel with woody allen's jazz band*.

* did i mention that i saw woody allen's jazz band at the carlysle hotel?

Just had the pre-theatre set menu in One Pico. Starter of beetroot and goat's cheese was okay but unremarkable. Sea bass more than made up for it, with perfectly cooked veg and a SEA OF DELICIOUS.

But then? Then I had a chocolate fondant. The only way I could have got it into me more quickly would have been to shoot it directly into my arm, and then? And then they brought out petit fours. Holy schmokes.

And now I feel like Mr Creosote.

Great service, too, but the atmosphere in the place could do with something. I dunno what -- maybe less dour clientele? Is it that rich people are miserable, or that people don't think it's okay to have a good time in a fancy grub joint?

went to a load of places in new york - all good. best was dinner at the carlysle hotel with woody allen's jazz band*.

i'm guesing this is good, then? do you have to book it far in advance?

was in locks at the weekend - it was great except for a bit
of chicory that tasted like sick. l'ecrevain is lovely too etc.

I booked woody allen in december. If you just sit at the bar and don't eat dinner you could probably book it at a couple of weeks' notice.

new york is a great place for the scran, alright. i would also recommend blue hill (super local and seasonal, mostly from their own farm) and a voce (pasta that nearly made me cry with joy). nyom. i suspect it's a good thing i don't live there, or i would be approx. eight feet wide in no time.

new york is a great place for the scran, alright. i would also recommend blue hill (super local and seasonal, mostly from their own farm) and a voce (pasta that nearly made me cry with joy). nyom. i suspect it's a good thing i don't live there, or i would be approx. eight feet wide in no time.

I put on nearly a stone when I lived there for the summer.

I went to Tante Zoe's last night for the early bird special. It runs from 5:30 to 7. Three courses + tea/coffee for 23 euro. You get to choose from 4 starters, 4 mains and 4 desserts taken from the a la carte menu. Amazing food - one of the best meals I've had in Dublin ever. And the service was friendly and competent.

has anyone tried Cade Piedescalso on Thomas Street? Their KO Breakfast is delicious. rasher, sausages, eggs, tomato, mushrooms, kidney/butter beans + toast for e11.50. served until 4 on Saturdays. i'm looking forward to trying out the night menu soon.

I went to The Winding Stair last night. Only deadly, and so much tastier than L'Ecrivain. Best steak I've had in Dublin, only I ate too much and had to puke it all up in the middle of the night.

Still feeling a bit odd.

has anyone tried Cade Piedescalso on Thomas Street? Their KO Breakfast is delicious. rasher, sausages, eggs, tomato, mushrooms, kidney/butter beans + toast for e11.50. served until 4 on Saturdays. i'm looking forward to trying out the night menu soon.

11.50? That's mad expensive. Had a really nice breakie in the cafe part the Camden Palace. The same kind of breakfast (minus the strange bean choice), or thing like eggs benedict for about half the price, with tea.

I went to The Winding Stair last night. Only deadly, and so much tastier than L'Ecrivain. Best steak I've had in Dublin, only I ate too much and had to puke it all up in the middle of the night.

Still feeling a bit odd.

The food was so good you had to puke?
Aces.

€11.50 is waay too much for a breakfast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back