Restaurant Recommendations (1 Viewer)

went to jaipur on george st the other evening. very fuckin average and service was as slow as fuck - like they were punishing us for not ordering starters. bottle of cobra delivered already in the glass - could have been dutch fuckin gold for all i know seeing as i didnt see them pour it. poppadoms were great though except for the mustard based dip instead of the usual mint one.

maloti. i'm sorry for trying somewhere else. i'll be back soon if you'll have me.

ps. anyone been to the indian across from maloti...where yer man stands outside dressed to the nines?

Just got a voucher for here, so I'm going in there at the weekend.

I was hoping they'd have wagyu but they only seem to have Angus on the online menu.

Anyone here been?
Got a wine recommendation?

The Ribeye steak is out of this world, the fillet is apparently also good but not as tasty. Try the creamed spinach with nutmeg it's brill.

Domaine de la Charbonniere chateauneuf-du-pape..great with steak.
A cheaper option, Perez Cruz Cabernet from Chile. There's a lot of good wines on their list, too many to mention.

The Ribeye steak is out of this world, the fillet is apparently also good but not as tasty. Try the creamed spinach with nutmeg it's brill.

Domaine de la Charbonniere chateauneuf-du-pape..great with steak.
A cheaper option, Perez Cruz Cabernet from Chile. There's a lot of good wines on their list, too many to mention.
Dunno if they have it, but maybe a good Malbec or some Portuguese reserva...

Man, my pops BBQ'd these steaks the other day. Nearly rib-eye, kinda cote de boeuf. Two inches thick they were. Me bowels are in bits. Slooshed it back with an awesome Portuguese red, Esparao. Awesome with steak, and cheaper than yer Shat-eau Neuf de Pap too.

Thats the khyber tandoori. Pretty good. Not earth shattering mind.

Seconded.

I feel your pain about the crap service due to not ordering starters, exactly the same happened to me the other day in an Indian restaurant in London.

How anyone can fit more than one course of Indian food in is beyond me! And that's coming from someone who takes the phrase "all you can eat" as a dare rather than a suggestion.

Seconded.

I feel your pain about the crap service due to not ordering starters, exactly the same happened to me the other day in an Indian restaurant in London.

How anyone can fit more than one course of Indian food in is beyond me! And that's coming from someone who takes the phrase "all you can eat" as a dare rather than a suggestion.

yeah when you get a bit of nan bread and a few beers as well with your main course usually starters aint needed...

...mind you ...was taken to Montys of Katmandu last night and theres this spicy potatoes with spring onion, chillies and peas starter that just has to be had at all costs!! :)

the main course...some Nepali curry and mushroom rice were superb aswell.

more expensive than your average indian but worth it from time to time.

Malotti is way better than Khyber, so don't bother crossing the road. Jaipur in Malahide is deadly - I've never tried the one in Town.

Anytime I've been in Jaipur it's been awesome ... though I haven't been in a while.

I agree. I've only been to the one in Dalkey on a regular basis and its always been good.

I think that Tom Doorley quote is from the Bombay Pantry menu now that i think of it.

I sometimes feel my fondness for Injun food has already knocked around 5 years off my life.

maloti is without doubt to my tastes the finest indian restaurant in dublin. i've eaten there dozens of times and it appears that everything on their gourmet menu is exquisite. i strongly recommend booking in advance though. eveyrthing is perfect : service, decor etc is top notch. very reasonably priced as well. their own special mint vermouth cocktail is a sublime joy also.

maloti is without doubt to my tastes the finest indian restaurant in dublin. i've eaten there dozens of times and it appears that everything on their gourmet menu is exquisite. i strongly recommend booking in advance though. eveyrthing is perfect : service, decor etc is top notch. very reasonably priced as well. their own special mint vermouth cocktail is a sublime joy also.

Is Maloti the one with the guy with the funny hat standing outside .... sth william street is it?

Khyber is the one with the guy standing outside. maloti is across the road. The lunch deal is €9 for two courses and coffee; set menu all evening for about €17.

They need to sort out the €8 for a tiger beer though.

Khyber is the one with the guy standing outside. maloti is across the road. The lunch deal is €9 for two courses and coffee; set menu all evening for about €17.

They need to sort out the €8 for a tiger beer though.

think i'm gonna pay the guy outside the khyber to cross the road and stand outside maloti's for a few minutes then i'll tell herself this is the khyber! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back