• Repeal

Votes: 33 100.0%
  • Retain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would be nice if we had a lot more of this process talking about the citizens assembly recommendations, and how it came to them, instead of waffle on posters.

That would be too grown up I guess.

Some horrorshow on Claire Byrne Live last night with their Referendum Debate. Christ, like the comments section of the Journal.ie come to life. Scary stuff.

Wouldn't be going near it. By twitter the audience were booing and hooting during it? Sounds dignified.

Please let all those marriage referendum youngsters fly back again to vote.

Just watched it on youtube. Like an episode of Jerry Springer, without the participants physically fighting.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

argh..I read the comments

In fairness, who could have foreseen that Irish people having a debate on abortion would turn into a shouting hate-fest?

Some seriously insane vote no religious posters appearing in my area now. About 5 minutes reading on them.

well this is a novel take

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

save the grandfathers, vote no!

Some seriously insane vote no religious posters appearing in my area now. About 5 minutes reading on them.
That's good for Yes though. Most people who are wavering won't want to be associated with that shite, and it'll push them the other way

I gotta say the same about those 'stop policing my body' posters - I think they're counter-productive for the Yes side. If you're wavering between sympathising with distressed women and sympathising with almost-babies, those posters' bolshie kinda tone is just gonna be irritating and could well push you the other way too

That's good for Yes though. Most people who are wavering won't want to be associated with that shite, and it'll push them the other way

I gotta say the same about those 'stop policing my body' posters - I think they're counter-productive for the Yes side. If you're wavering between sympathising with distressed women and sympathising with almost-babies, those posters' bolshie kinda tone is just gonna be irritating and could well push you the other way too

agree. The militancy of the Yes side gets on my goat sometimes. This 'demanding to be heard', while understandable, is not going to be very palatable to people who are in any way moderate. The empathy approach ('Sometimes a private matter needs public support' being my personal favourite) will be far more effective.

And while I can respect (but respectfully disagree) with many who are going to vote No, those running the No campaigns are a bunch of evil, lying cunts. How they haven't been called out over their lies and distortion of facts, is disgusting.

Bringing herself to school this morning. And we get to where all the posters are (beside the school funny enough) and she says "daddy I keep getting adverts for abortion when I'm watching youtube" I asked her were they yes or no ads. And of course they are no. Oh,shes twelve,and watching appropriate videos.

I actually watch a fair bit of crap on YouTube myself,and so far have not seen any ads. Maybe they don't care about people who are into guitars.

Bringing herself to school this morning. And we get to where all the posters are (beside the school funny enough) and she says "daddy I keep getting adverts for abortion when I'm watching youtube" I asked her were they yes or no ads. And of course they are no. Oh,shes twelve,and watching appropriate videos.

I actually watch a fair bit of crap on YouTube myself,and so far have not seen any ads. Maybe they don't care about people who are into guitars.
Does she use an ad blocker? I don't see those ads either

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back