RENUA Ireland (1 Viewer)

I'm not saying it isn't the worst interview i've ever heard, but i would say that spokespeople generally have a well paid media minder who briefs them for every engagement. If this party are as skint as lucinda claims then they might actually be working without one.

I'm not saying it isn't the worst interview i've ever heard, but i would say that spokespeople generally have a well paid media minder who briefs them for every engagement. If this party are as skint as lucinda claims then they might actually be working without one.

They likely are on a shoe string, those financing rules brought in a few years back make it extremely difficult to finance a new party, the advantage definitely lies with existing parties unfortunately.

I don't believe this to be a recent development

I've never paid him much attention, can't see that changing now.

ah well.

bad publicity is better than no publicity.

...actually, wait a minute. no. no its not.

as first days go for anything. this is pretty shite. very entertaining mind.

Last edited:
i've been bordering on defensive of these eejits today. one very simple reason. if they actually survive till the next election, they have the prolife extremist vote if they want it. elections are not decided on 20 - 30%, they are decided on 1% margins. The last one, FG pulled a pro life stunt or two and secured that 1% of people who will vote religiously for any party flying a pro life flag. FF have done this in the past and I wouldn't put it past any existing party to pull that trick. Now if we have a purist pro life party it might mean that if anyone else wants to win by majority they actually have to focus on something else, instead of milking the same deadlock every time round.

But the guy is a sitting TD and should therefore be well versed in media matters. It's not like it's some poor chump who has never been interviewed in his life suddenly being thrown to the wolves. You should'nt need a media minder to actually read a 40-page policy document and coherently answer simple questions about it. I did feel sorry for the guy as he obviously had a massive brain-fart on air, but at the same time if you can't deal with those sorts of situations maybe you should be in some other line of work. Unless of course there is something else going on with him (medical or personal) in which case he shouldn't have been put in that position in the first place ....

But the guy is a sitting TD and should therefore be well versed in media matters. It's not like it's some poor chump who has never been interviewed in his life suddenly being thrown to the wolves. You should'nt need a media minder to actually read a 40-page policy document and coherently answer simple questions about it. I did feel sorry for the guy as he obviously had a massive brain-fart on air, but at the same time if you can't deal with those sorts of situations maybe you should be in some other line of work. Unless of course there is something else going on with him (medical or personal) in which case he shouldn't have been put in that position in the first place ....

You know I made that same point on twitter after when i'd thought a bit more and someone made me feel like I punch tiny crying kittens for a living for not being sympathetic.

I suppose I was just thinking alone the lines of '8 years with a media minder, then put on air solo and caves'.

You are right though, I agree. It was not in any way a tough interview.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back