RENUA Ireland (1 Viewer)

Don't know if you follow Jane on twitter but based on her RT's it doesn't seem like the tech sector has much business being the moral arbiter of anything.

Is Jane not someone who exposes crappy behavior though? Like the topic she has been monitoring for the past few years, anything on her timeline is going to be based on that narrative?

No, it's not. And for the most part this comes off as opportunistic.
If this cost them actual dollars, they wouldn't be doing it. It's the popular, brand-smart thing to do.

True. Somebody in The Guardian article was on about 'the right side of history' but given that it's only recently they've decided to get on the right side its hard to see it as anything but opportunism.

Looking forward to Lucinda's spoken word

10408792_10153205486472378_2595308209839519757_n.jpg

Lucinda Creighton attacks FG's 'grey men' who told her to 'sit down and stay quiet' - Independent.ie
Lucinda takes a page from Averil Powers playbook.

Unlike the SDs, Renua don't seem to be attracting many viable candidates despite their vow to run in every constituency. Declan Ganley (remember him? I was only missing him last week when I came across a pamphlet of his) made an appearance too, he claims to have no intention of running for the Dail but it wouldn't surprise me if he has somebody lined up to do so.

Lucinda Creighton attacks FG's 'grey men' who told her to 'sit down and stay quiet' - Independent.ie
Lucinda takes a page from Averil Powers playbook.

Unlike the SDs, Renua don't seem to be attracting many viable candidates despite their vow to run in every constituency. Declan Ganley (remember him? I was only missing him last week when I came across a pamphlet of his) made an appearance too, he claims to have no intention of running for the Dail but it wouldn't surprise me if he has somebody lined up to do so.

Has she forgotten that she left over abortion?

Has she forgotten that she left over abortion?

Seemingly she found she actually had a conscience, similar to A.P.

On the abortion issue and the pair in question, according to The Phoenix magazine of June 5th the two stood on the opposite side of the debate back in 2002 with Averil "...accused of behaving like an FF hack by trying to undermine the union's* democratically determined position on abortion. Ironically it was Lucinda Creighton, then a liberal on this question, who led the charge against Averil"

Political expediency or a genuine change of heart?

*TCD Students Union, A.P. was president of it at the time.

of the people yesterday;s Sunday Independent asked "the great and the good to nominate their favourite reads of 2015." and lucinda creighton was on of those they asked

In particular, I am anticipating reading Gene Kerrigan’s The Scrap (Transworld Publishers Ireland, €20.99) about 1916, AA Gill’s Pour me a Life (Orion Publishing Company, €29.50) and Village of Secrets: Defying the Nazis in Vichy France (Caroline Moorehead, Chatto & Windus, €29.50/€15.80).

I also hope to read The Churchill Factor (Boris Johnson, Hodder & Stoughton, €37.50/€15.80); it might give me some inspiration.
Books: Time to start turning over a new leaf - Independent.ie

ah spoken like a true politician, not what she has done but what she intends to do, which when it comes to politics are very different

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back