RENUA Ireland (1 Viewer)

They're not a pro-life party though, are they? An "open position" was probably the only practical thing for them, given the personnel involved, and in fact "no whip on matters of conscience" actually seems like a good idea

Here's their policy document
http://renuaireland.com/Policy-Renua-Ireland-web.pdf
A mixture of good ideas, scarily pro-business and anti-union stuff, with a dash of pure dopeyness (oath of allegiance to The State, anyone?). More acceptable than I expected though tbh

I'm getting to the stage where I suspect that a party's policies are pretty much irrelevant, and that it's the people that count. If you're a dick or a dope the best policies in the world aren't going to prevent you doing something I'll hate

They're not a pro-life party though, are they? An "open position" was probably the only practical thing for them, given the personnel involved, and in fact "no whip on matters of conscience" actually seems like a good idea

Here's their policy document
http://renuaireland.com/Policy-Renua-Ireland-web.pdf
A mixture of good ideas, scarily pro-business and anti-union stuff, with a dash of pure dopeyness (oath of allegiance to The State, anyone?). More acceptable than I expected though tbh

I'm getting to the stage where I suspect that a party's policies are pretty much irrelevant, and that it's the people that count. If you're a dick or a dope the best policies in the world aren't going to prevent you doing something I'll hate

I'd probably vote for them over Fine Gael. But that isn't saying much.

They remind me of UKIP in many ways. Vote for them if you believe your right wing, conservative government is too liberal

Eddie fucking Hobbs..for fucks sake

Having vague policies is going to kill them. Lucinda already has a national rep for sticking to her guns. This is useless if you actually have no guns (issues of conscience) to stick to.

isn't there a court case happening in Belfast right now along these lines?
Yeah, and the printshop in Drogheda. If the US can't get away with this kinda discrimination it might be a game-changer though.

Although, eh, we didn't exactly follow them in abortion rights.

Yeah, and the printshop in Drogheda. If the US can't get away with this kinda discrimination it might be a game-changer though.

Although, eh, we didn't exactly follow them in abortion rights.

Right. Ireland is kind of a midwest Republican's wet dream as far as a lot of social issues go.

This is a fairly specific issue though, not a broad one. I suppose it's no better or worse than what should be private religious beliefs flexing their own political muscles.

Well I was more getting at if they weigh in on something 'good' today and are lauded for it can we complain if they weigh in on something 'bad' tomorrow?
Good point re religion though.

Well I was more getting at if they weigh in on something 'good' today and are lauded for it can we complain if they weigh in on something 'bad' tomorrow?
Good point re religion though.
Yeah I see what you're getting at. I suppose ideally they wouldn't have any kind of input but sure we already know half of every country is in their pocket so when they suddenly are explicit about their own power it's very interesting.

Don't know if you follow Jane on twitter but based on her RT's it doesn't seem like the tech sector has much business being the moral arbiter of anything.
No of course not but i'll take what I can get in a situation like this. Our very business-friendly parties in Ireland tend to be more socially conservative so I'd love to know what they'd do if this made its way to Ireland properly. Imagine the tech industry came out as pro-choice!? They'd be in such a tizzy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back