RENUA Ireland (1 Viewer)

Because it had circumstances that allowed termination, right?
Yeah.

In fairness the consequences are pretty severe either way

Meanwhile, Derek Keating, a backbench TD for Dublin Mid West, was informed by his parish priest that by reason of his vote for the government legislation he was to stand aside as a minister of the eucharist in his local parish church.

Michael McDowell: Church and politics both need doctrine of reform - Independent.ie

But her objection was of the holy Catholic Ireland/Dana variety.
her new party on abortion:

we will be the only political party in Ireland and across Europe that has an open party position on Abortion... we do not believe party politics in Ireland has a place for issues of conscience.

which either means they just said that politics is not a place for conscience or they're 100% pro-choice so lets get that referendum going people!

displayimage.jpeg

paging @johnnystress

Sure see for yourself anyway

Renua Ireland | Get Involved

Sure see for yourself anyway

Renua Ireland | Get Involved

it's all very vague tbh

This is interesting.

What i'm taking it as is that on conscience issues they are not having a party whip. FF (very wisely) did this (Actually spoke to M Martin in person about this) meaning all their local TD's can just go with the flow and not loose seats.

I'm nearly dissapointed though. When I was making coffee i was cooking up a non slanderous freelance article (opinion) on how having an all out prolife party was the best thing ever for irish politics.

Children
There is no greater moral and political issue than securing the future of children.

such a nua way of looking at things

WOAH, MISSED THIS BIT

Renuanced | Broadsheet.ie

We intend in welfare to build a state structure that marries compassion with responsibility. Those who are not self reliant will be imprisoned rather than released by a life on welfare.

Last edited:
her new party on abortion:

which either means they just said that politics is not a place for conscience or they're 100% pro-choice so lets get that referendum going people!

Surely its saying that politics should not overrule ones conscience? So the conscience is not a place for politics rather than the other way round.

usual elitist disconnected bollocks.
Every bit I hear about this new party, it stinks of the same power hungry, egotistical, elitist shite that all these fuckers are driven by.
At least they didn't go by the "Reboot Ireland" name. Dicks.
Encountering these self righteous "for the good of the Irish people" politicians depresses me all the time.
I understand somebody has to do it, but people that enjoy that shit make me suspicious and leads me to think they're corrupt lying bastards.
RANT OVER

Just seen this part, I think they're getting at creating a welfare model based more on the Nordic/ system of intervening when necessary but encouraging individual independence overall as opposed to our current system whereby one can concievably live cradle to grave on welfare payments. The language however reads like something out of the Milton Friedman/Friedrich Hayek playbook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back