Recommend me a carrier (1 Viewer)

Diddles

Not one of these type of yokes - they look too hippyish and HMD would look a bit... ahem.

baby-sling.jpg

More manly, like this type of yoke.

lu0020

Without wanting to cause any offence, something definately happens to you when you're up the duff. You start thinking you really need this and that. We found we didn't need a sling/carrier at all at all, even when trekking through rural Spain when she was a few months old.

Just mind yer purse is all I'm saying, I think borrowing slings and carriers is a great idea. People make such a fortune on pregnant couples. Ask around, there's rakes of people here and on local freecycles willing to help other people out.

Without wanting to cause any offence, something definately happens to you when you're up the duff. You start thinking you really need this and that. We found we didn't need a sling/carrier at all at all, even when trekking through rural Spain when she was a few months old.

Just mind yer purse is all I'm saying, I think borrowing slings and carriers is a great idea. People make such a fortune on pregnant couples. Ask around, there's rakes of people here and on local freecycles willing to help other people out.

Apart from sheets and a mattress we haven't bought anything. We're not getting a pram so the sling is the only expense.

We've been very lucky. My niece had a baby in November and she gave us a car seat, moses basket, and tons of clothes. Got a bigger car seat and a family heirloom cot donated as well. .|..|

The Slings and Arrows of outrageous fortune...

We got a Hugabub which I still use. It's a huge big piece of cloth and is excellent.
I tend to use that to carry Bea about - she really likes it because she thinks she's being an adult.

And it's far more manly than a Baby Bjorn. Baby Bjorns and hardback slings are for weedy men who like Coldplay, playing golf and saying "no - I have a family" to the imagined advances of their secretaries.

We got a present of some kind of hippyish sling, and borrowed a Baby Bjorn. Both were pretty useful
I'll probably be getting a baby bjorn in the next few months - when my money tree starts to produce some fruit.

Better get back to my job. Debbie from accounts is giving me the eye.

we got one a bit like the Baby Bjorn for no.1, it was great, but he grew out of it very quickly and i'd say we used it only about 4/5 times...mostly due to the fact that it seemed to take ages to get it on and the baby strapped in.......then they're in 5 mins and there's a nappy change needed.

for no.2, mrs bravo opted for one of those peanut shell slings.
http://www.goo-ga.com/productinfo/sling
That was used all the time and for a longer period.
I used it, but looked gay, so I used it in the confines of the house, when the baby just wanted to be carried, but there were things to be done.
But you can get black fleecy ones too, a bloke might get away with one of those.....might.

we didn't bother with the manly carrier 2nd time around. I wouldn't buy one again, but...they're very good if you walk a lot to get around, use public transport etc.

We had the Baby Bjorn.
Great on holidays but invaluable for trips to the supermarket :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back