Phantom Fm Twat Radio (4 Viewers)

michelle dohertys gig guide.

i cringe every time.

never thought sinister petes americanadianized gig guides could be outdone.

cheeese!cheezy

It's only when I'm driving out of Dublin and run out of Phantom that I realise just how not Mainstream it is, seconds into 2fm or Today fm and I have to turn it off.

But I wish phantom hadn't watered down their alternative brief

What's indie rock? It seems like they mean "topshop" indie.

I wish they'd play more electronic stuff, and instrumental music too. Unless the tune has two guitars and a verse chorus verse chorus it doesn't seem to get a look in.

I like Sinead's show, and the one where they review stuff (cinerama?).

I think they play too much instrumental and electronic music.
If I want that I'll switch on Lyric.

I don't know if they play too much or indeed any instrumental and electronic music actually.

To clarify, it basically plays a very mundane mix of songs but I don't much like instrumental and electronic music if that means dullards messing with effects pedals and boxes of tricks for hours and mumbling "thanksverymuch" every 12 minutes so I wouldn't want them to play more of that. But I wouldn't listen even if it was great, which it might be.

Someone put on Phantom this morning. Never really listened to it before. They were playing The Only One I Know by The Charlatans. :rolleyes: I half-expected Blister in the Sun to follow it.

I think they play too much instrumental and electronic music.
If I want that I'll switch on Lyric.

I don't know if they play too much or indeed any instrumental and electronic music actually.

To clarify, it basically plays a very mundane mix of songs but I don't much like instrumental and electronic music if that means dullards messing with effects pedals and boxes of tricks for hours and mumbling "thanksverymuch" every 12 minutes so I wouldn't want them to play more of that. But I wouldn't listen even if it was great, which it might be.

I was thinking of Dan Deacon, LCD soundsystem, Cut Copy, Presets, Midnight Juggernaughts, that kind of electronic based music (synth based I suppose)

Yeah I'm with you on the Synth stuff, too many rock bands on the station, all quite similar. The synth bands seem to be more rough around the edges. I like that.

haven't we done this before?

basically, if phantom appealed to thumped folks they'd have a listenership of about 20.

what I like is that, though I dislike a lot of what goes on there, I know there are times I can tune in and hear stuff I like. I won't listen to it in the car, except at night. Never have it on at home during the day. But I like it most evenings. And in the morning before 7 is good (except at weekends when they have that cheapo 'best of phantom' crap that they repeat both days before 8).

Jim Carroll's show is always worth the listen. As is Icon. And Pearl's show. And thats 3 shows more than any other radio station have.

And yer man on in the morning is funny. I used to find him annoying but now I've kind of warmed to him.

It was just depressingly unimaginative. I was listening about an hour and there wasn't a single track I enjoyed. Apart from the Charlatans song everything else was standard indie guitar music.

It's not much of a leap to be attractive to Thumped folk imo and I think Phantom under-estimate what people will listen to. The average listener, such as my companion yesterday, will listen to whatever they're fed for the most part, within reason.

When is Thumped FM coming into operation anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back