Phantom Fm Twat Radio (1 Viewer)

I've a suggestion for 'Dublin's Indie Rock' radio station.

How about investing in Dublin's Indie Rock record shop before it goes fully tits up.

Show you really care about local music. You seem to be doing well, so why not?

DAMN STRAIGHT!

Ah,Radioactive.

That was a great station.

Aye it was, in its heyday, when you could actually pick it up.... I still have a tape of my very first show there in 1991.....!!!!

Doesn't anyone remember/ miss Alice's Restaurant/ Xfm? Did I and several other Thumpeders give that station so many hours of our lives and record collections for nowt?

Doesn't anyone remember/ miss Alice's Restaurant/ Xfm? Did I and several other Thumpeders give that station so many hours of our lives and record collections for nowt?

I believe I heard you playing The Country Diary of a Subway Conductor by the Silver Jews on Alices Restaurant.

What if it cost 25c
to wake up in the morning? A dollar, ten dollars?
I'd pay it all the way to the poor house.

Totally. Blew. My Mind.

Aye it was, in its heyday, when you could actually pick it up.... I still have a tape of my very first show there in 1991.....!!!!

Of Course! My favourites were your show and Joss's cause you both had/ have really relaxing voices (and played best mix of tunes). Dudley cause he was the spit of John Peel, Kirstie cause she was a bit scary, and Richie & Matty on Sunday cursing their Crumlin heads off. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

wow! who put those videos up there? your presenting styles were so different, Kirstie's so nonchalant in a super-cool way and lolo's so chilled and her voice is so intimate and comforting. Christ, I must sound like I'm on speed compared to those two.
Wish I'd even known yis were all on radio back then (what year/s was it exactly?!)

ah now let's not forget

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBh1n1AS1-c"]YouTube - Joss Xfm Archive[/ame]

wow! who put those videos up there? your presenting styles were so different, Kirstie's so nonchalant in a super-cool way and lolo's so chilled and her voice is so intimate and comforting. Christ, I must sound like I'm on speed compared to those two.
Wish I'd even known yis were all on radio back then (what year/s was it exactly?!)

I used to listen a lot back in the early 90s, when it was Alice's Restaurant, falling asleep to This Mortal Coil and Mazzy Star. I think it was the late 90s and early 2000s when you'd get runs of Dudley/Joss/ Lolo and Kirstie. It was totally ace! Then the buzzing really kicked in and I couldn't listen anymore.

Ah deadly! Who was it that used to play Cop Killer by Body Count all the fucking time????? I bet it was HMD ......

I'm pissed .... Billy Childish was great

I woulda loved to go to Billy Childish.

Ps.PHANTOM SUCKS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back