Phantom Fm Twat Radio (2 Viewers)

Phantom is a business, like spin or 98 or 104 or any of those other commercial stations, it amazes me that people expect more of it.

Businesses are for making money, jobs are just a by-product of that. Anyone is lucky to have a job now.

If you take a job in a radio station you don't argue with the programme controller about what's played I'm sure you done your fair share of shit jobs yourself Krossie or are you a man of Independent means - too noble to work? one of these non-profit organisation preachers? I wish we could eat principles. I'm sure your nothing pay from Radio na Life doesn't pay for your groceries.

What is so great about having a job? So you can get a big mortgage and please your assfuckinghole boss(es)?

Phantom FM would/could get many more listeners if they used a bit of imagination. It's not just Phantom, most of them seem to have gone to shit in the last few years.

Why can't people criticise stuff without being characterised as unrealistic or cranks? Nobody has any personal involvement in this, they're just saying what they'd like to hear on the radio.

What is so great about having a job? So you can get a big mortgage and please your assfuckinghole boss(es)?

Phantom FM would/could get many more listeners if they used a bit of imagination. It's not just Phantom, most of them seem to have gone to shit in the last few years.

Why can't people criticise stuff without being characterised as unrealistic or cranks? Nobody has any personal involvement in this, they're just saying what they'd like to hear on the radio.

What's so good about having a job? I can't believe what you are saying. There is nothing wrong with people wanting to work is there? It's not their fault mortgages were so big. That would be the fault of our Government letting some people buy several houses each thus driving up the prices.

If you don't want a job fine but in the current environment when people are crying out for any sort of work, I think you would be considered a lazy immature shit.

Phantom is a business, like spin or 98 or 104 or any of those other commercial stations

Capitalism is a massive, diverse system and there are all sorts of niches, spins and ways of making money. Obviously there's a miserable sort of average ineligibility in pure cash that gives us Jedward, Cowel, coldplay and so on and playing, plying and, indeed, saying ' n' typing inane drivel will always be the majority position but the tail is long and well extended out by the internet.
Everyone makes their choices (or takes the narrow options open to them in a "free enterprise" system I guess) and personally I'll always be very happy to fall into freedoms on offer indolent camp of the "lazy immature shits" even if the food might not be quite so regular or varied - soul be more solid...

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/Classes/Jbutler/T340/SurManifesto/ManifestoOfSurrealism.htm

Now lets talk about that Membranes revival

kp

kp

What's so good about having a job? I can't believe what you are saying. There is nothing wrong with people wanting to work is there? It's not their fault mortgages were so big. That would be the fault of our Government letting some people buy several houses each thus driving up the prices.

If you don't want a job fine but in the current environment when people are crying out for any sort of work, I think you would be considered a lazy immature sh*t.

asl?

Btw, people work to pay their mortages, not to live, which I think is soul destroying. Not specifically referring to the nonsense mortgages of the last few years.

Did phantom start of as an alternative rock station or do I remember wrong? If so was the licence granted for an alternative rock/music station as opposed to just another commercial radio station?

I answered my own question it was given(wrong word considering the money involved) a license as an alternative rock station. I'd expect them to play alternative rock rather then mainstream rock so. Is that too much to ask?

Radio licensing in Dublin
After seeking expressions of interest for the provision of new radio
services in Dublin in July 2003, the Commission invited applications
for the provision of an alternative rock music service on the FM band
in Dublin City and County and for a multi-cultural broad format
service on the FM band in Dublin City and part-County, in May 2004.
Five applications were received for the alternative rock music service,
two of which – Dublin Rock Radio Limited (Phantom FM) and
Scrollside Ltd (Zed FM) – were short-listed for a public oral hearing
held in Dublin on 11 October. The contract was awarded in principle
on 8 November to Phantom FM.

http://www.bci.ie/documents/annual_report_04.pdf

Phantom have totally dropped "alternative" from all their branding.
Getting rid of sinead was a sin, I only ever listened to Sinead and the Kiosk. They are the only shows with any personality. And I think Sinead for treated really badly too.

Apparently she had the highest listnener ship...... word on the street

Phantom have totally dropped "alternative" from all their branding.
Getting rid of sinead was a sin, I only ever listened to Sinead and the Kiosk. They are the only shows with any personality. And I think Sinead for treated really badly too.

Apparently she had the highest listnener ship...... word on the street

Yeah, they've dropped the "indie" tag and are now Dublin's "best rock". Totally agree about Sinead. Kind of like when Edel left a couple of years ago :(

I wonder how BCI feel about the re-branding, the terms of the radio licences are usually pretty damn strict.

I wonder how BCI feel about the re-branding, the terms of the radio licences are usually pretty damn strict.

they'd probably make some claim about rock being alternative as opposed to pop which most other stations would play

I answered my own question it was given(wrong word considering the money involved) a license as an alternative rock station. I'd expect them to play alternative rock rather then mainstream rock so. Is that too much to ask?

http://www.bci.ie/documents/annual_report_04.pdf

In fairness, acdc once an hour every hour, is an alternative to quality radio programming.

See what I did there?

I listed to the drive time show for a bit yesterday

and he did this thing where he played that CSS song, music is my girlfriend, and played a couple of lines at a time, and would then stop and explain the lyrics.

oh how I laughted

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back