Peter Gabriel Thread (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

the first musician i truly loved

started listening when i was about 8 and have never given up on my love for peter

legend

My dad secretly taped me singing 'Games without frontiers' at whatever tender age I was when it came out (8?). I wish I had that tape now.

Every album has something for me - - my favourite would have to be IV
It's hard to say tho.

chickenham said:
My dad secretly taped me singing 'Games without frontiers' at whatever tender age I was when it came out (8?). I wish I had that tape now.

Weird, I heard that song the other day for the first time in ages, along with 'Don't Give Up' with Kate Bush - class stuff.

The good lady insists on singing 'She's so popular' along with Kate on 'Games..' instead of 'Jeux sans frontieres' .... cracks me up every time.

His first four albums are great (Especially the first two, Car & Scratch). His albums with Genesis (or The Genesis as a friend of mine had written on his schoolbag) are fantastic (particularly Selling England By The Pound or The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway), So is really good but sounds very much of it's time and all of the albums since then have been more miss than hit. He is still one of my favourite singers.

yeah, he's a deadly singer, you never really hear people talking about what a deadly singer he is, just about what a musical innovator he is or shit like that. myself and a friend were recently discussing and comparing genesis and yes - i was pro genesis and anti-yes while he was the other way inclined (im not terribly knowledgeable about yes but i had to take sides... he wasnt too up on his genesis neither). i accepted his point that musically speaking Yes are very accomplished and worthy but that lyrically and vocally they were hopeless. i then put on "Back In NYC" to hammer home the point and silence him for once and for all.

i was just about to post 'don't give up' on the hair thread
and here's the peter gabriel dog from yesterday
1583624.jpg

lattice of coincidence

jaysus, didn't realise there were so many Peter Gabriel heads on Thumped
So was the first album I picked up back in '87, still sounds great but I think IV (and the b-sides of that era) is the best, never heard anything like the rhythms on it
speaking of Genesis era Gabriel, i was in a north african restaurant in london the other weekend and spotted a framed picture of the album cover for 'the lamb lies down on broadway' on the wall...!
had to take a pic of that, apparently the owner of the restaurant is a big fan, shame he wasn't around to chat

anyone make the gig in marlay? fu&king savage to hear intruder, rhythm of the heat, not one of us and on the air played live

Genesis_-_Calling_All_Stations.jpg

This is a forgotten classic. Ray Wilson (of Stiltskin, and that Levis ad) had taken over as lead vocalist from Phil Collins, and a new dawn for The Genesis was beginning. As good as "We Can't Dance", I reckon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back