No Disco Petition (2 Viewers)

pretty deadly that after only an hour there are already nearly 50 signatures.
spam whoever you can think of, i reckon. add it to your websites

would a hardcopy petition be more effective though?

Originally posted by dudley
would a hardcopy petition be more effective though?

I could start one at 'things donegal, pass it on to derry and belfast if you like, I'm sure it could be passed at all the things things gigs. Write it up in plain text and mail it ot me before 8.

My friend at work who does the RTE listings had this to say:

"What will Leagues do now? perhaps star in a futuristic sci fi series in which there are thousands of clones of him living in an underwater city. It could be called 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Wah wah waaaaaaahhhh."

She's never seen No Disco but she did meet Leagues on Dame Street.

Seriously though, it's a bleedin' disgrace.

for info, there are now over *400* signatures on the petition, which is pretty damned incredible for a late afternoon and evenings work.

this could only impress someone with marketing prowess, but how to harness it?

i figure a press release or something sent to record labels, newspapers *and* other stations is the way. ideas?

anyone with a good database of contacts for such a thing?

Excellent work, Dudley. What with over 400 names there by now it really looks as if the "No Disco" crowd is a properly committed one.

But is that crowd large enough? In order to ensure RTE doesn't come to a conclusion of the form "Oh, 414 fans - is that all...?" we should all be sure to forward the petition URL to as many people as possible.

Therefore: forward, Christian soldiers!

8)

according to a well place source, the viewing figures have been amazing lately.
the planxty special pulled in 10% of the total audience share whilst the meteor awards got 17%. he reckons the audience floats between 20 and 40,000 per show.

Originally posted by dudley
8)

according to a well place source the viewing figures have been amazing lately.
the planxty special pulled in 10% of the total audience share whilst the meteor awards got 17%. he reckons the audience floats between 20 and 40,000 per show.

Strange they're shutting it down then... :confused:

This'd be a jaw droppingly stupid thing for RTE to do. Scanning their schedule I find absolutely nothing that I care about remotely as much as No Disco. The more noise made about it the better...

Would it be any use to flood the RTE complaints desk with individual protests? There's an e-mail address and paper mail address on their website... I'm going to write one, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back