new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

I thought Allen would have come on at half time instead of after Swansea equalized again. But fuck it, what a game, what a season, and best of all Spurs finally got found out by Norwich of all teams. Bit of daylight. Champions League Dreams.
The CL is yours at this stage. Spurs will fall behind a bit by the end of the season. Found out is right, we should have beaten them and should have gotten a point yesterday but alas.

Lukaku is finally back for us but it's too little too late for us congrats in order, but the last thing I want to do is jinx it for you;)

The CL is yours at this stage. Spurs will fall behind a bit by the end of the season.

next 3 games.

away to soton, united and cardiff

then home to spurs

plenty of room to fuck it up there if they carry on with the same rubbish defensively they've shown today. that gap could lessen greatly. still reckon united could put a run together if they stay fit. the goals they've conceded recently against west brom, fulham, swansea, stoke and villa have been fucking awful. looking forward to seeing this mess on motd in a while. Carra would be a great option these days. Fuck Sake.

don't get me wrong, fucking delighted to be where we are. its just theres still one third of the season to go. plenty of opportunities to not score 3 or 4 goals in a game and get beaten

I don't think it's a big problem. The idea that we've just turned shit defensively for no apparent reason is wrong. OK Johnson and Skrtel were ropey today, and Agger has always been poor against strong, aggressive strikers like Bony. But like Benitez said there's only so far you can stretch the blanket. If you want to play all of Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho, you're going to score and thrill but you'll inevitably give away space to good midfielders (unless you've utterly destroyed them in the first twenty minutes). But don't forget that we're playing like this partly because BR has had no real options otherwise after signing no one in January and the late December injuries.

Whereas soon he will have options. Lucas should be back soon, Allen had a good second half today and we looked much, much better with the ball. He kept us in the game at the end. Until the Arsenal match our best games of the season came when we set up without Gerrard and without Sturridge. Allen, Henderson and Lucas were running games and doing it while protecting the ball, instead of trying to hit on the break. Remember Spurs and City, both away games. I think we'll be grand. Certainly I don't think Spurs are going to pick it up. Sherwood doesn't seem to know where to play his players. And United look alright against Palace but they aren't getting any new centre backs between now and May.

clearly im overly pessimistic here but just saying theres a good bit left in this season yet. 4th certainly isn't nailed on at this stage.

we wont see enrique until end of march at the earliest, massive loss. pretty sure hes few weeks off training at the moment. shame.

those first two goals were beauts

Skrtl had that peno coming. Someone was eventually going to call him on his holding. Shame it had to be against a much bigger lad and when there was hardly anything to warrant it.

Conceding some really comedy shit at the moment. Every goal is pretty much hilarious. At least while we're winning.

Worrying thought: If LFC win the league, that makes Kolo Toure some kind of super, league winning legend. Kolo.

The best way of looking at it is 2 points per game played. That should (In theory, this season has been a bit different where 54 points after 27 games would only be good enough for 4th) get you 3rd place and therefore it doesn't matter if some other team finishes 5th and wins the CL. So the target should be 76 points. So only 20 points to get from 11 games for your lot, that's doable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back