new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

That was pretty galling. Fabianski had a great game to stop Sturridge. He'll want to shoot a bit quicker next time. And the ref... if Webb gets any other big LFC games (Old Trafford?) this season it'll be too soon.

On the other hand, fewer games to play now, no injuries, some great football, and confirmation of the huge leap the team has made since we lost 2-0 there in November. We mostly bossed Arsenal for control of the ball on their own patch, which not many teams can do. It's Swansea next week.

Yeah, we weren't in the game last time around, could easily have scored a few yesterday and the denied peno was a peno. But hey. What's up with Suarez? Not quite banging them in, is he?

Gerrard played well and Sterling was great, the odd poor decision aside. All this wanking over Janujaj. YOU wouldn't see him putting in a shift and right back, and doing it well. Tackles in the area and everything. Some strength for a tiny person.

Suarez has been dropping off and playing to make space for Sturridge's runs so he's not getting as many chances for goals. He's still consistently been brilliant, just doing a different job. I'd guess that in some respects he's happier to be pulling strings within that front four instead of being expected to do everything himself like the last few years. But you can see he's still rabid for goals.

But hey. What's up with Suarez? Not quite banging them in, is he?

Koscielny happened, no centre back in the league seems to deal with Suarez better and as a result he's got a pretty poor record against us. Off the top of my head I can only remember him scoring once against us, a fairly simple finish on the opening day a couple of seasons ago, pool won 2-0, Ramsey OG as well.

Actually I just checked, Suarez scored that in injury time and Kos had gone off injured in the first half. And his other goal against us was in a game with the BFG and Thomas Vermaelen playing, a 2-2 at the ems last season.

Koscielny happened, no centre back in the league seems to deal with Suarez better and as a result he's got a pretty poor record against us. Off the top of my head I can only remember him scoring once against us, a fairly simple finish on the opening day a couple of seasons ago, pool won 2-0, Ramsey OG as well.

Actually I just checked, Suarez scored that in injury time and Kos had gone off injured in the first half. And his other goal against us was in a game with the BFG and Thomas Vermaelen playing, a 2-2 at the ems last season.

I just checked too, Suarez hit the post last week and Sczenceqjw tipped a free kick just over the bar. Koscielny was there too... I think.

I just checked too, Suarez hit the post last week and Sczenceqjw tipped a free kick just over the bar. Koscielny was there too... I think.

That'd be the volley where Kos was marking someone else at a corner and a free kick that Koscielny was in the box for? C'mon, it's not like I said that he eats Suarez alive everytime the sides play, I just said that he has better games than most defenders do when they have to play him. He can be a rash player but he's very good against tricksy dribbly types like Suarez, and he's had good games against Messi too for that reason.

Yeah he's pretty good against Suarez, but he wasn't playing for Fulham the other night or West Brom the week before. I therefore propose that the biggest reason Suarez isn't scoring in recent games is less to do with anything from the opposition and more to do with the way the team has altered style to play through balls in behind to Sturridge and Sterling.

I was more concerned with the 4 games without a goal, only one of which involved Kos. I can't rate him as a player, because his hair is so annoying. It's all i see.

He seems to be rushing shots. Balls that would normally find the corner are straight down the keepers neck. In a way it's okay, because we're still scoring and winning. Maybe we're not a one man team after all.

Hold on, chaps. Kos conceded 4 goals in 19 minutes at Anfield. Remember?

And despite that, Suarez got none.

OR ...

You never got me down Ray!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And despite that, Suarez got none.

OR ...

You never got me down Ray!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah. Mind you, I'll happily have Suarez never score against Arsenal, if it means you ship 5 every time we play.

I thought Allen would have come on at half time instead of after Swansea equalized again. But fuck it, what a game, what a season, and best of all Spurs finally got found out by Norwich of all teams. Bit of daylight. Champions League Dreams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back