new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

So John Henry more or less confirmed yesterday that Suarez did have a £40m release clause last summer. After their experience with Torres where he forced a move even though he had a contract FSG took the view that contracts don't mean a whole lot in football. So they told the Suarez camp they would not sell and if yer not happy with that sue us. Thanks John!

most luis.jpg

That's brilliant, and makes me like them even more, it seems like they really are in the football business for the glory rather than the money. Kroenke doesn't give a fuck, clearly. The Glazers are profiteers, they use their sports businesses as leverage in their other businesses and if United have a second season like this they could be in serious problems. FSG already deserve a lot of credit for tearing up the Dalglish program and backing Rodgers, but some saw that as a cynical Kroenke-like strategy to cut costs and sell up. Clearly not the case - and they've been rewarded. For all the shit that's gone before, Suarez is just a joy to watch. I've enjoyed the pure spectacle of football more this last 13 months than since I was 7 years old watching the last days of magic before Souness took over and he's been integral.

It'll be interesting to see what they do in the summer if/when we are back in the CL with the ability to attract and pay established players, because Rodgers has built this success on a strategy of developing young players and giving them belief. We have a number of good prospects out on loan too - Suso's 7th in overall assists in La Liga - he's in the same bracket as international superstar midfielders while playing in a relegation battle. Borini's just scored a cracker against City in the league cup final. Wisdom could grow into a good partner for Sakho and Ilori is a good prospect.

P W D L F A GD Pt
1 Liverpool 9 7 2 0 29 12 17 23
2 Chelsea 9 7 2 0 17 3 14 23
3 Manchester City 7 5 1 1 15 6 9 16
4 Tottenham Hotspur 9 6 1 2 15 9 6 19
5 Arsenal 9 5 2 2 15 10 5 17
6 West Ham United 9 5 1 3 13 7 6 16
7 Sunderland 7 3 1 3 11 10 1 10
8 Manchester United 8 3 2 3 11 9 2 11
9 Crystal Palace 8 3 2 3 7 9 -2 11
9 Everton 8 3 2 3 7 9 -2 11
11 Southampton 9 3 3 3 12 15 -3 12
12 Aston Villa 9 3 2 4 13 13 0 11
13 Newcastle United 9 3 1 5 8 15 -7 10
14 Stoke City 9 2 3 4 10 13 -3 9
15 Norwich City 9 2 3 4 5 11 -6 9
16 Swansea City 9 2 2 5 13 16 -3 8
17 West Bromwich Albion 8 1 4 3 9 12 -3 7
18 Hull City 9 2 1 6 8 12 -4 7
19 Fulham 9 1 2 6 9 21 -12 5
20 Cardiff City 9 1 1 7 4 19 -15 4

Can't get the formatting to copy over but here's the league table since 1/1/14.

gabriel_paletta.jpg

Made his debut for Italy last night. I suppose Seb Leto will score the winner in the WC Final next.

Tim has aged about 15 years in the last couple of months. He really does believe that it's all about "character". Bless. I wonder, now Everton have nothing to play for, will they start to fall off? I don't want to curse it, but the goal at the beginning of the season (apart from actual goals) was top four. It's on, chaps.

Tim has aged about 15 years in the last couple of months. He really does believe that it's all about "character". Bless. I wonder, now Everton have nothing to play for, will they start to fall off? I don't want to curse it, but the goal at the beginning of the season (apart from actual goals) was top four. It's on, chaps.
We might do you a few favours against City and Arsenal given the fact that we need to restore some pride and they have to come to Goodison. Our record points total in the PL is 65 which is reachable so I'm sure Martinez will have that as a realistic target given what we have in front of us for the remaining 11 games.

I wonder if BR will stick with the diamond midfield for the last 9 games. It's, what? The 6th distinctly different formation he's used this season for more than one game? I'm starting to think the crucial thing isn't that one formation is 'better' than another for Liverpool, it's really been the fact that we keep changing and mutating so that opposition managers don't quite know what to expect.

I know it's only Moyes, but United could barely keep the ball in their own half today. Henderson, Flanno, Allen and Sterling were all just fantastic, they were everywhere, all the time, and all four midfielders were pinging in dangerous passes, and getting on the ball in the united box. It could easily have been another 5-0 and it would have been well earned. There's some weird voodoo going on this season, it's incredible.

I would love to go on the piss with Agger and Skrtel
Agger would break some part of himself. He's fucking hapless god love him. I remember watching him go up for a ball, then pausing afterwards and handing a tooth to someone on the side line. And having a dislocated finger poppped back in by the physio. Today was a shiner from his own keeper. There's a great vid around where he's training with Denmark and he has a shot, misses the goal, and nearly takes some kid's face off. He gives him his shirt to apologise. I don't think I'd trust him around alcohol.

Oh, and decent result. It's always been the lesser teams we've struggled against, so it's nice to get that out of the way. United have had nothing to play for since they got the magical forty points, I suppose, but you'd expect them to make a bit of an effort, wouldn't you?

Agger would break some part of himself. He's fucking hapless god love him. I remember watching him go up for a ball, then pausing afterwards and handing a tooth to someone on the side line. And having a dislocated finger poppped back in by the physio. Today was a shiner from his own keeper. There's a great vid around where he's training with Denmark and he has a shot, misses the goal, and nearly takes some kid's face off. He gives him his shirt to apologise. I don't think I'd trust him around alcohol.

All emphatic reasons to go on the piss with him. This is a guy you want in an early house with you.

I've liked him since that series of games against Chelsea way back when and Drogba skinned him for a goal. He came back the next game and dominated Didier. Maybe scored?
I love that kid. And I'm not even an LFC supporter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back