new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

Do you understand how odds work? The other two teams fucking up is implied in the 3/1. 33% is not a "serious unlikelihood". If you have three identical tokens in a bag, one red, one blue, one black, and you pick one out at random, 3/1 is the odds of picking the red one.

I have a decent enough understanding of odds and of the three teams, I would want LFC to win before the other two any day of the week.
The odds are well against them though. If they were just chasing Chelsea or City, I might have a different view, but they are chasing both.
They need both of these teams to fuck up and I just don't see that.

Is this season a disappointment if they don't win it all, or a return to being a serious team for finishing in the CL spots?

Liverpool could win all their games but, as it stands, only finish second if City win all their remaining games (with the exception of losing to Liverpool). Liverpool need City to drop points elsewhere. Hoping United might get their act together tomorrow night.

In reality I think all the top 4 will drop a few points here and there before the end of the season though.

Exactly right.

I have a decent enough understanding of odds and of the three teams, I would want LFC to win before the other two any day of the week.
The odds are well against them though. If they were just chasing Chelsea or City, I might have a different view, but they are chasing both.
They need both of these teams to fuck up and I just don't see that.

Is this season a disappointment if they don't win it all, or a return to being a serious team for finishing in the CL spots?

For me, there is no way this season could be a disappointment if we finish 4th or better. It's been incredible. So much entertainment.

If they go on to win the league, my head will explode, so that'd be a bonus.

3 away games - West Ham, Norwich, Palace.
5 home games - Sunderland, Spurs, City, Chelsea, Newcastle.

Top four was the goal. Top four was the dream. Consolidating that is the priority. Winning the league? Jesus. However, if they don't win it this year, it might get even harder. Once Pelegrini and Mourinho have more time and money to mould their teams, they'll be harder to shift.

Top four was the goal. Top four was the dream. Consolidating that is the priority. Winning the league? Jesus. However, if they don't win it this year, it might get even harder. Once Pelegrini and Mourinho have more time and money to mould their teams, they'll be harder to shift.

Plus, the Moyes rivival. He might make Norwich a much better side next season.

If you have three identical tokens in a bag, they must all be the same colour

That's correct. But it is equally correct that the terms red, blue and black are arbitrary signifiers with no corresponding signified concept in nature, and as such can be read as randomly differentiating signifiers. The identical tokens can be differentiated otherwise. For instance, we can substitute Cormac, Cornac, and Cormuc. The difference is the same. Alternatively we could conclude that Chelsea, City and Liverpool are actually one unitary thing. Which might be the case but that would ruin the sport a bit.

That's correct. But it is equally correct that the terms red, blue and black are arbitrary signifiers with no corresponding signified concept in nature, and as such can be read as randomly differentiating signifiers. The identical tokens can be differentiated otherwise. For instance, we can substitute Cormac, Cornac, and Cormuc. The difference is the same. Alternatively we could conclude that Chelsea, City and Liverpool are actually one unitary thing. Which might be the case but that would ruin the sport a bit.

Chelsea are going to win the title.

Somebody asked me about a month ago who I thought would win the league, and I said Chelsea, because Mourinho really knows how to grind out results even when the team plays shit. He's king of that crap!

Somebody asked your opinion about football Corm? Come off it.

I reluctantly agree with Lefty that Chelsea are just too strong to overcome, but I genuinely don't think we'll be more than 5 or 6 points behind them in the end. That's still going to be a phenomenal achievement for what was expected of Liverpool this season, although at this stage I'll be very disappointed if we don't take 3rd at least.

Third would be great. Wouldn't it be great? No qualifying for the Champions League, a bit of Handel of a midweek at anfield again. Listening to Dunphy's pronouncements. "Clowns, bill. Who out of this Liverpool side would get into the United team? Gerrard? Nothing player, Bill." Being able to watch the occasional game on the television. Bliss. Glorious third.

I dunno, I think City will win it. Chelsea are still in Europe and they have another Villa game in them at least. City have too much in reserve I suspect.

Third would be great. Wouldn't it be great? No qualifying for the Champions League, a bit of Handel of a midweek at anfield again. Listening to Dunphy's pronouncements. "Clowns, bill. Who out of this Liverpool side would get into the United team? Gerrard? Nothing player, Bill." Being able to watch the occasional game on the television. Bliss. Glorious third.

Haha, ever look up the words to the reworking of Zadok The Priest for the Champions League? Profound, must have taken at least 10 minutes.

These are the best teams
They are the very best teams
The main event
The champions
The best
The great teams
The champions
A large gathering
A great sporting event
The main event
They are the best
They are the best
These are the champions
Chorus (2x):

The champions
The best
The great teams
The champions

Haha, ever look up the words to the reworking of Zadok The Priest for the Champions League? Profound, must have taken at least 10 minutes.

These are the best teams
They are the very best teams
The main event
The champions
The best
The great teams
The champions
A large gathering
A great sporting event
The main event
They are the best
They are the best
These are the champions
Chorus (2x):

The champions
The best
The great teams
The champions
Jesus. Your man's kids must have chipped in. Maybe the dog too. At least he could have written it in French.

Hahaha, that is the English translation of the French, MAYBE IT ALL JUST GOT SCREWED UP IN TRANSLATION?? haha
Some things are best left unknown. You can't make out what the choir are singing, and I preferred it that way. I wonder do kids sing this in the playground before they have a kickabout. Do they do that shaking hands bollocks too?

gerrard a booking away from 2 match suspension.

will he intentionally take the hit against sunderland to avoid missing city/chelsea game? i hope so. even though they coped great without him around xmas would hate to think he'd miss either of those fixtures again this season

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back